important news from ireland
hi all,
in the year 2014 it is the 1000th anniversary of the battle of clontarf. this is the battle popularly believed to be the battle during which the irish defeated the vikings in ireland. although it is not entirely true it was however very important. in irish terms it is our battle of hastings. as such there are plans being set in place for a large scale reenactment battle to take place the year of 2014. i wanred to alert the wider community of the world to any whom may have interest. as for fellow reenactors of this period we urgently need you all as we are a small nation with few reenactors and we need numbers to make this a truly deserving remeberance battle. anyone at all interested in coming in any role to fight or watch as spectators or even to spread the word to those you know who may be interested please get in touch. it i not for many years yet i know but these things take alot of planning in advance. the battle took place outside dublin so for those interested in coming accomadation, flights and so on will be easy to organise. please anyone interested in coming or who may even just want info on the batles or a direction to go in for more info please get in touch with me.
thanks to all,
nathan
It sounds like a great excuse to buy another sword!
please do all are welcome when the time gets closer i will put up kit guides etc. if you want any info i have please pm me

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: