Go to page 1, 2  Next

THE WINNERS: Thanks for Giving and Happy New Year
Hi Everybody!

We just finished our Thanks for Giving and Happy New Year Contest! This contest was held by, and given to, the members of this site. The prizes were a direct result of donations provided by this community.

[ Linked Image ]

The contest winners have been chosen!

Here they are along with the prizes that each of them has won:

Phil Thomas of North Carolina wins the first prize:

Albion Armorers Yeoman Sword
[ Linked Image ]

Mike Harris of Texas wins the second prize:

Windlass Steelcrafts "Type IV" Sword
[ Linked Image ]

--------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to congratulate the winners. My thanks goes out to all of you who have given to this site. Your generosity is appreciated and its these contests that are an attempt to do a little to give back to the givers. I hope it at least makes it fun. The plan is to keep going on this track. I know I enjoy it. I hope you all do, too.

I also want to mention that the first place prize, the Albion Yeoman, was donated by one very generous member who purchased it specifically to be a contest prize. This selfless individual had it shipped directly from Albion to my door and never even took a chance to play with it. While he wants to remain anonymous, I think his act needs to be specifically acknowledged with thanks going out to him.

To review the details of this contest, please visit the Contest Announcement.

Stay tuned for more contests here at myArmoury.com!
Congratulations (and serious envy) to the two winners! And thanks to the donor of the Albion! Wow! What a generous act! No wonder myArmoury is such a vibrant forum.

Cheers

Marc
I'll second the envy and double on the congratulations to both winners. It's fun to participate in these contests and very cool to see the generosity of those who have dontated prizes for them.
Congratulations to the two winners, Phil and Mike.

To the anonymous donor; your generosity even exceeds your excellent taste in frequenting this site. A real class act!

Happy New Year to you and yours,

Dan
Congratulations to Phil and Mike !!!!
Congrats Mike! WooHoo! Nice going.
I couldn't believe it when i read it!! I'm so excited! This will be my second highend sword. I'll post again when i get it!!
Thank you!! Thank you My Armory and to the secret person who put up the prize! thank you!
HUGE congratulations to you, Phil! Great sword, that Albion Yeoman. Definitely one of my favorites, you lucky guy. :D

I can't thank Nathan enough for this great contest and the chance to win that Windlass sword. It is the next sword I was contemplating buying as a customizer project blade. I actually started to buy one from KoA last week, but deferred due to the holiday spending. WOW, what great luck! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! :cool:
Well congratulations Phil and Mike nice prizes and I'm sure you will enjoy them.
Congratulations to Phil and Mike! I'm becoming fond of reading the winner's responses, sort of like watching someone open a gift you've given them.

A special thanks to the donor of the Yeoman. Your generosity exposes your caring. You're a perfect example of what makes this site a special one.

These are a lot of fun, Nathan! What's next?
Congrats gentlemen, and kudos to the donators of said items and myArmoury for
running the show. Class acts all around.
Congrats you two...hey mike can't wait to see your thoughts on the windlass sword :) .
I second all the envy exspressed above. ;)

Congratulations to the winners!
Enjoy your new blades! :)

A special thanks to the donors.
Congrats guys! We are all jealous! :D
congrats to the winners, and thank you for organizing the contest :)
I haven't been able to be on the computer too much but what a surprise to find that email had UPS tracking# in it!!!!! I can't wait! only a few more days
Good news! The Windlass "Type IV" (silly to still be calling it that, huh?) arrived last night. Nathan told me it would be a bit of a pleasant surprise, and he was right. The first thing I thought when handling it was "Wow, Windlass got one right!" It feels like a sword of this size and type should. Just enough weight to have a bit of authority, but still pretty nimble.

Thank you again Nathan. This is a great prize, and a pleasant surprise. It's my first Type XIV sword. I don't think it will be the last. :)
Thanks, Mike, for the note. I've been tracking both packages and waiting for them to arrive. The Yeoman is still in route but I guess you're a bit closer to me so I'm glad you got it.

I'm glad you like it! I was quite impressed by it, as you know, and am glad you feel the same. Frankly, it seems to be quite the sword for the price. I miss having it around here!
i got my Yeoman last week and its so amazing. I can't tell you how great it is. It sits next to my arms and armor medieval sword and looks great together. they are the same basic shape or type or what ever and look compliment each one. Ive recently started sword cutting as a hobby thanks to the good guys and gals at this sight and cannot wait for my chance to cut with the yeaoman,

thanks to you guys and i'll be sure to take pics because now i have a digi cam
Phil and Mike-

Congratulations on taking home the prizes! I, for one, would like to see some photos of your new toys either in their new homes or as you're using them for cutting and whatnot. Mike had mentioned that he might do an upgrade project on the Windlass piece and it would sure be nice to see how that one ends up. I'd imagine there are other members that would like to know how you plan to use 'em!

Cheers!
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: