Price drop on items in stock and ready to ship
I hate to do it, but I have some medical bills that showed up and need to build a better forge so I am dropping the prices on several of my pieces to be able to get by. I know this is bad practice, but I got to do what I got to do to stay afloat.

The rondels in this thread are now dropped to $225 each, plus shipping: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=14826

The type XIV in this thread is now $975 plus shipping: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=15086

The type XII in this thread is now $650 plus shipping: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=15085
**I would like this blade to be reviewed for myArmoury so if that happens the type XII will be temporarily withdrawn from sale.

I have these pieces listed on other forums as well but myArmoury gets first dibs for the first week of this price drop. Also I won't go any lower then the prices listed above, I believe the original prices were good, and these are the best I can do and afford to survive.

Thanks!
PM sent.
Both Rondels are sold.

Thanks!
I made a pleasant excursion to Michael Pikula's shop today to pick up the second rondel shown in this thread, the hollow-ground parallelogram. This is one substantial implement of destruction. Think ice pick crossed with chisel exhibiting extreme hybrid vigor. And very pleasing to the eye-- elegant simplicity executed to yeomanly perfection.

I haven't considered "testing" it in any way, but given the robust point combined with the thickness and distinctive profile of the blade I have no doubt it would inflict a nasty wound. Failing to find a gap in the armor, one could readily beat the victim . . . er, opponent senseless. My small hand fits nicely between the rondels and the simple leather-over-cord grip is more than sufficient. I believe this weapon would be effective in the parry too.

I also handled the Type XIV which is being offered at a reduced price. Ya' know that "This thing is alive!" feeling? Yeah. Fortunately for my marriage I did not have the checkbook with me.

I foresee Mr. Pikula developing a long waiting list soon.

JSA
Re: Price drop on items in stock and ready to ship
Michael Pikula wrote:
I hate to do it, but I have some medical bills that showed up and need to build a better forge so I am dropping the prices on several of my pieces to be able to get by. I know this is bad practice, but I got to do what I got to do to stay afloat.

!

( Bold text by me )

Bad practice ? Yeah in theory and general practice when the economy is in a normal state and when the " sales prices " smells of desperation that a poor quality piece isn't selling ! Now, people get that short term financial issues are driving the lower price but this is a good thing as there are No quality issues here except that your products are too good for the price i.e. a bargain, a steal at the asked price. ;) :D

So I think there are no long term negatives in the lower prices at this time as far as building a client base for the future: I don't think it gives the impression that you are selling low quality work and that this is the reason the prices are low.

Because of the lousy economy everybody knows that the reasons for low prices have zero to do with quality in my opinion.

So do what you have to do in the short term to be able to continue making a living doing what you obviously love and don't overthink it. In time you should be able to bring the prices back up and the quality of your work is already making fans of a lot of us. :D .
1st Rondel
I just received the first Rondel in the mail today and am highly impressed. The pictures from the linked thread do not do the piece justice, it is worth the original asking price. I am quite happy that I ended up with such a bargain and after this sample of Michael's work I will be a repeat customer.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: