Help! trying to contact the Rifle Shoppe in the US.
Hi

before reading this take note this is not a complaint about the guys at the Rifle Shoppe! They have been tops!

I ordered a musket and was informed it was ready for shipment in November. I told the guys at the Shoppe to hang on so I could get my customs permit ( Im in Australia ). Well I have the permit and Ive been trying to contact Mike via email to give him the go ahead to send the musket.

There is a notice on there site that goes like this -

"NOTICE: If you have sent us an e-mail and have not received a response please resend your e-mail. We have had some problems receiving our e-mails due to a spam filter that was installed."

So there not getting my emails. I have contacted Australian customs and it has not arrived.

The guys at the Rifle Shoppe have been friendly and great, this is a email problem. Does anyone know them personally and could maybe pass the message on for me before my customs permit runs out of time?

Its the model matchlock caliver, in kit form for Nick in Australia.

Thanks for any help in advance

Nick
Re: Help! trying to contact the Rifle Shoppe in the US.
Nick Trueman wrote:
Hi
"NOTICE: If you have sent us an e-mail and have not received a response please resend your e-mail. We have had some problems receiving our e-mails due to a spam filter that was installed."
Nick

I also note there is a message that they are updating their site to include a shopping cart. That could be causing the problem. If you cannot get through soon I would send snail mail. Yes, they are good folks and I am sure there is no real problem, just a glitch.

I am not personally acquainted with them so cannot be of any help there.

UPDATE...

I called the shop but only got an answering machine. I did leave a message about your trying to reach them. I assume they have your email, so hopefully they will contact you right away.
WOW

Thanks so much Lin!!

It must have worked as a email from the guys came through this morning.

Im very great full, dont know what to say! THANK YOU!!!

This place rules!

Cheers Nick
Glad to help. Send pictures of your gun after you finish it.
Hi Lin

As promised! Photos of my baby completed. The amount of hours spent on this gun has given me a real insight into how much work went into such a piece. And thats with the parts supplied.

PS - I have a bar trigger as well.

Cheers

Nick

Attachment: 85.51 KB
[ Download ]
another

Attachment: 78.35 KB
[ Download ]
And another...email if you want a certain angle.

Cheers

Nick

Attachment: 64.91 KB
1 stage 2 (9) - Copy.JPG

Wow Nick...

Very nice work. I guess you were able to reach them then!

Congratulations.

Lin
Very nice matchlock musket I'm envious and I'm also impressed by the help that Lin gave you with that phone call that was very nice of him and another reason to be proud of the members of this site. :D :cool:
Nick, that;s one fine firelock you've got there. I'm also impressed by Rifle Shop's work - would love to get one myself!

Lin, thanks for helping out - I know how difficult it can sometimes be to deal with vendors or makers many thousands of miles away from you, and your help goes to show the stuff we myArmoury-ites are made of. Well done!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: