Go to page 1, 2  Next

THE WINNER: Early Lowland Basket-hilt Giveaway!
This contest was another hugely successful event! We had 758 hopeful people enter to win this great prize. Last night a lucky winner was randomly selected, and while I kept you guys in the dark since then, it's time to let the you all know who it is!

THE WINNER OF THE BASKET-HILT SWORD IS:

Don Halter of Bryan, Texas!

Bryan has won a fantastic reproduction English/Scottish "Lowland" Basket-hilt sword donated by its makers, E.B. Erickson and Angus "Gus" Trim. It has a value of around $700 US! Please send Bryan your congratulations and let him know how jealous you are so he can enjoy his bragging rights!

[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]
Overall length: 37"; Blade length: 31"; Blade width (at base): 1.75"; Point of Balance: 4.25"; Center of Percussion: ~21.5"; Weight: 2.8 pounds

Thanks goes out to E.B. Erickson and Angus "Gus" Trim for donating this amazing sword to our community!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

To review the details of this contest, please visit the Contest Announcement.

This will not be the last big contest we run here at myArmoury.com. In fact, there are many, many more on the horizon with one coming up in just a few weeks!
And the runner-ups were:

Matt Corbin
Thomas Schneider
Anna Budd
Larry Tom
Sean Flynt

These people were picked right before the winning name and came SO CLOSE to winning the sword, themselves!

Better to be close than not at all, right?
contest
Don-

CONGRATS!!! I was hoping that beginner's luck would win me this one, but I'm very happy for you. Very exciting!! Enjoy! :lol:

Scott Harding
Oh, man! I didn't need to know that! Oh well, thanks for another great contest, Nathan, and congratulations to the winner!
You are one lucky bastard! Congratulations!

-Henrik
Congrats Don!
Big congrats Don! :)

(((as I shuffle off with head hung low, bottom lip hung out and kicking my feet in the dirt))))))

William
aka Bill
:cool:
Congrats Don,
fine addition you've won there,
Good stuff Nathan and the myArmoury team,
You guy's that came that close :( feeling yor pain,
Well done all.
well done Don, I'm wandering, does runner up mean you get a piece of the blade, instead of the whole blade? hmm . . .

remeber us don, when you are slashing and thrusting, pivoting and cartwheeling with that sword.

thanks for the contest - can't wait for the next one. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.
Hi, my name is Don and I'm from Bryan, Texas...

Just kidding! I hope the real Don enjoys it; it's a beautiful sword :)
Congratz, on your new blade Don, it's a beautiful sword hope you enjoy it.
ditto
Good for you, Don! I hope it brings you years of pleasure.
Congrats Don, enjoy!
I had my fingers crossed as I was clicking on the link to the winning name :( Oh, well maybe next time. Thanks for the great contests Nathan and congratulations Don.
Congrats, Don! You lucky dog :)
Congrats Don!

Think you can beat Eric on placing pics up of your Basket-Hilt over his Bastard?
Congrats Don!
Congratulations Don! Use her wisely and well. :)
Congratulations
Congratulations Don!
I wanted to get in on the drawing, but screwed up and didn't make it in time. It's an awesome looking sword, and with an A-Trim blade you won't be disappointed. I can't say enough good about "Mr. Trim", I know he hates to be called that. If anyone's interested why I'm so pleased with A-Trim swords, ask me. I hope I get to see Don's new baskethilt sometime. Don, If you're ever into the San Antonio area, contact me, I'll spring for dinner, and we can talk swords.[/img]
Congrats, Don! Enjoy it!
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: