Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

David Black Mastro wrote:
C. Gadda wrote:
...like the old Johann Schmidberger European Hand and Half sword

Now you have me thinking of the old Johann Schmidberger katzbalger-hilted two-hander.

I recall seeing one of these at a local Renaissance Faire in New Hope, PA (it only happened for one year, IIRC). The owners had neglected this beautiful thing, and had left it exposed to the elements! The whole thing was convered with a patina of rust. Such a friggin' shame... :(

That being said, they let me handle it, and it was light and responsive--a nice piece, IMO.

Funny you should mention that - I traded a Sempach for one of these from Christian Tobler. Currently rehilting it with hand made components to better match the original that it was based on - I'll be sure to post pix when it is done.
I'm with Nathan on the Knecht if we had that extra hundred, but as it is I have to go with either Albion's Hauptmann or Solingen.
just picked up an albion tritonia so I'm tapped lol but I just don't know which way to jump as I also have an albion agincourt (damn sexy lines) I was thinking on an albion Gaddhjalt or an albion knight as my next purchase
A Albion Maestro line lichtenhauer, and a Next generation Ringeck sword with a Oxblood grip.
C. Gadda wrote:
Funny you should mention that - I traded a Sempach for one of these from Christian Tobler. Currently rehilting it with hand made components to better match the original that it was based on - I'll be sure to post pix when it is done.

Please do!
If I had to pick one sword, it would be an Albion Earl with dark blue and half wire grip. Maybe after Christmas.... :D
Humm...tough...but with that limit, I'm going with the Albion Solingen. Shipping doesn't count towards that $1500 limits right? Otherwise I think I go 13 bucks over :p .

But in all likelyhood, my christmas present is gonna be a training sword as I need one. It'll either be a rehilted hanwei practical or the tinkerline hanwei bastard sword.
Having brought two swords and pre-ordered a third in the last six months, my 'new sword fever' is at a low point right now. My interest in axes on the other hand is rising, but there aren't any production franciscas or great axes that really appeal to me, and you did say swords.

After a bit of a look around three models come to mind, the Arms & Armor 12th Century Sword, the Albion Huscarl, and the Albion/Filmswords Ulvbane Sword. Of these I would have to go with the Huscarl, a sword I have long admired, but also a sword whose price tag has managed to grow at least as fast as my budget and keep it out of my reach.

Last edited by D. Bell on Sat 06 Dec, 2008 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
lol,

You all make me look all too reasonnable with my choice of a Henry V gen 2. It set my own limit to $300 dollars but since this is all virtual I'll go for the $1500 dollars mark as well :)

Since Santa can afford it, I'll go for an Albion Sovereign, with a bronze pommel and possibly bronze guard as well.

(In the real world I'm still going to get a Henry V gen 2 though...:) )

Cheers,

J
Julien M wrote:
lol,

You all make me look all too reasonnable with my choice of a Henry V gen 2. It set my own limit to $300 dollars but since this is all virtual I'll go for the $1500 dollars mark as well :)

Since Santa can afford it, I'll go for an Albion Sovereign, with a bronze pommel and possibly bronze guard as well.

(In the real world I'm still going to get a Henry V gen 2 though...:) )

Cheers,

J

good point..since we are just wishing here....I recant my earlier choice and put a Pavel Moc Tournament Howe sword on the top of the list...it falls with- in the price boundaries.

(like Julien...in the real world the D-T 5155 Gothic Bastard would be more realistic..but still a stretch )
After seeing this one I had to think about it for a bit because there are so many swords I would like to have. In this range though tops would be the Albion Tritonia, er Solingen :mad: . I still cannot make my mind up! Great question though.

Scott

Last edited by Scott Kowalski on Wed 10 Dec, 2008 5:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Scott Kowalski wrote:
After seeing this one I had to think about it for a bit because there are so many swords I would like to have. In this range though tops would be the Albion Titonia, er Solingen :mad: . I still cannot make my mind up! Great question though.

Scott

Having handled both, I think I can help.

If you like to do some I:33 work (or some later sword-and-buckler work, for that matter), go with the Solingen. Great for cut-n-thrust.

If you want something capable of decapitation and dismemberment, with surprisingly-agile dynamics, go with the Tritonia.
Jeremiah Swanger wrote:
Scott Kowalski wrote:
After seeing this one I had to think about it for a bit because there are so many swords I would like to have. In this range though tops would be the Albion Titonia, er Solingen :mad: . I still cannot make my mind up! Great question though.

Scott

Having handled both, I think I can help.

If you like to do some I:33 work (or some later sword-and-buckler work, for that matter), go with the Solingen. Great for cut-n-thrust.

If you want something capable of decapitation and dismemberment, with surprisingly-agile dynamics, go with the Tritonia.

Tritonia it would be then :D ! Now if only Santa would bring my wife a full time job! Thank you for the answer Jeremiah. I have to see about making a trip up to New Glarus one day and meet with the fine people of Albion. Until then I will settle for going to KoA when I can.

Scott
The thing with handling the Tritonia is that I could never get past the feeling that you really needed a horse and a motley group of obnoxious peasants to fully appreciate it. :eek:
I'd wish for the Albion Arn sword. Best movie sword ever. :)
Joe Fults wrote:
The thing with handling the Tritonia is that I could never get past the feeling that you really needed a horse and a motley group of obnoxious peasants to fully appreciate it. :eek:

Well you know the peasants are revolting don't you Joe? :lol:
I would pick the Albion NextGen Kingmaker.

Cheers,

David
I might go for a longsword training blunt from one of our custom makers out there. Been meaning to learn some swordsmanship so Im not such a noob when I handle a sword.
The Thegn
I would love to have the Albion Thegn. At this years Blade show I could not wait to see the Oakshotte, and a very impressive sword it is. Of all the Albions I handled at the show though ( pretty much all of them!) it was th Thegn my thoughts kept returning to. So light and so fast! Plus I don't have anything from that period in my collection.
I want the eighth one down on this page:

http://www.e-sword.jp/nihontou.htm

So awesome...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 3 of 4

Jump to: