Strasbourg to Paris, what to see?
I'm traveling with my family this winter from Paris to Strasbourg and back. I'm looking for recommendations on museums with good arms collections or other Medieval-Renaissance places of interest. I would be interested in a good castle or monastery.

I know Les Invalides in Paris has a rich collection of arms and armor, but I can't think of any other places.

Thanks,
Greg
Is it worth traveling down to Basel Switzerland and are there any good arms collections there?
In Paris you should go the the Museum del armee ,however it is written, donīt know of the other locations though.
Felix R. wrote:
Museum del armee

http://www.invalides.org/ is the website of the musuem :)
If you're bringing a digital, bring a small light tripod, it'll help for some of the pics.

Many of the displays at Les Invalides are behind glass, so if you camera does well with no flash, this would be good. Bring a ton of batteries (my camera eats batteries on high resolution shots). The displays at Les Invalides cover medieval through modern times, there is a LOT of stuff.

Visit the Emperor's tomb. While I may not have liked him all that much historically, gotta respect what a little Corsican accomplished.
And donīt pur the camera and/or the memory card in your luggage. When I came back from France and liked to transfer the images from the camera to my computer, the memory card was gone. Have taken quite a lot of pictures in the invalides, at home I turned up with nothing in my hands. (Ok, just a hand full of pictures I also took with my mobile).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: