A good, inexpensive Briquet Sabre replica.
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you guys knew where I could find a well made Briquet Sabre replica. I heard Windlass may have made one a while ago, but I can't find any by them. This is one of my favourite blades, and I don't want to spend a lot of money, about $190 would be my limit. Thanks in advance.
Also, I'm not really sure where to put this, so I put it in off topic, sorry if it's incorrect.
Nathan,

Try www.brasscompass.com. Look up "Swords", specifically "Naval Sword", which is a briquette. It's a pretty good replica - even the scabbard is done correctly with staple-mounted hardware. They even offer custom blade engraving!
Thanks! I have made many internet searches for a "Briquet Sabre" and I never found this one. My only question is where do they get their swords? Do they make them? and the tang appears to be threaded, not peened. That probably won't be a problem though, i'll go through and put some epoxy and spacers on it anyway, for security. I also looked at Military Heritage's Briquet Sabre, which also looks nice.

Thanks again! The more websites and makers, the better.
Hi Nathan

You can get a good, original briquet for 50 to 60 euros here, sometimes with the scabbard if you're lucky.
Fabrice, do you have a couple of sites in mind? I would really like an original and a replica, for presentation and cutting. The more sites the better.
A good, inexpensive Briquet Sabre replica.
Nathan,
Go to this website:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/102550214..._Inch.html

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: