New Breed of Nylon Waster?
Hi Guys

I have just come across a range of nylon wasters on a U.K. site and was wondering if anybody here has had a play with any?

http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/swords...2_400.html

They look really professionally done and the weights and balance seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to hear from anybody who has one before I order one.

Thank you in advance

Andy
These swords were designed by Dave Rawlings of Boarstooth Fight School http://fightmedieval.com

I had a chance to play around with the the prototypes while I was visiting with him this summer.

They are simply the best wasters on the market, hands down. They handle and balance like a real steel sword, while offering the safety factor of nylon. They are excellent in the bind and provide exactly what you want in a training sword.

They are suitable for both drilling and sparring. There is also another version with a non-nylon type of plastic that is designed more for sparring than drilling(it flexes more), but both are great for both.

I can't recommend these things enough.
These look good, especially since With Intent Wasters closed shop.

It's unfortunate that there's no American source for these now, they'll cost about $150+ US w/ shipping.

I have a few questions about them that I hope someone here can answer.

1) Is the grip hardware removable and if so how? I'd like to be able to put on a different guard, one with side rings.

2) The nylon wasters I've seen so far are described as essentially indestructible i.e they can withstand indefinite use on a pell. Is that so with both varieties of these as well?

3) Weights aren't listed for the sparring models - are those numbers available?

4) The weight and balance sound good - is there a core of something dense like steel or lead in the handle or blade?

5) Do fencing masks chew them up?

I hope someone in the US retails these; I'd love to see something like these become the standard for free fencing and competition.

Cheers,
Steven
Hmm... I'm getting seriously interested in these wasters.

They mention that they are about to launch a new generation which is even "vastly" better than the previous one.
Does anyone know more about this devellopment and does anyone have a clue about the e.t.a.?
ah yes these were the ones used in the Warriors TV show host by Terry Shapert (sp?) it was in the medieval knight episode.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: