Go to page 1, 2  Next

New Atrims!
Hello All,

As some of you may know, I recently became the proud owner of All Saints Blades. I would like to present to you some of the first new Atrim's to come out of this collaboration. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

First Up: The AT 1435 Greatsword

Blade displays a XVIa'ish character, dual fullers transition into a diamond reinforced tip. The sword moves with a lot of authority, though due to it's relatively close PoB (~5 1/2") it is pretty nimble. I really like this sword ALOT! It is now firmly in my top 3 Atrim's (the others being the 1520 and the 1563) and I think that it will become a hallmark of the new direction for Atrim and AllSaints.

OA Length: 49.4"
Blade Length: 37.8"
Grip Length: 9"
Cross Width: 9.5"
Blade Width at Cross: 2 3/8"
CoG: ~5 1/2"
CoP: 23" From Cross
Width at CoP: 1 3/4"
CoP Length: 1 1/2" (this is how long the area of null vibration is when struck on the flat at the cross)
Pommel Length: 1 3/4"
Hilt Construction: Black Leather over fine cord, 3 transverse ridges.

There is something to be said for a sword of this size, hefting it all I could say is " Now this IS a sword!"

Price will be $600.00 and all hilting options will be available[/url]

Attachment: 19.88 KB
DSCF0382.JPG
AT 1435 Greatsword Full Length Shot

Attachment: 28.81 KB
DSCF0384.JPG
Hilt to Tip-AT 1435

Attachment: 25.12 KB
DSCF0385.JPG
Hilt?Forte Close Up

Attachment: 47.13 KB
Fuller Close Up [ Download ]
The AT 1434
The AT 1434 is one of those "unclassified" war swords that were so common in the 14th Century. The sword displays a lenticular cross-section all the way to 1/2" before the point, at which time it has a small median ridge. The 1434 and the 1433 are both war swords, meaning from horseback they could definitely be used one handed, but they are really balanced for two handed use for average sized men (people over 6'4" with proportionate arm length would find these comfortable for large single handers). The photo specimen is outfitted with a 8" leather over fine cord hilt, large chamfered disc pommel and shows the black oxide furniture treatment. Here are the stats:

Length OA: 46"
Blade Length: 35 1/2"
Grip Length: 8"
Cross Width: 8"
CoG: ~5"
CoP: ~22 1/4"
Length of CoP: ~ 1 1/4"
Pommel Length: 2 1/4"
Weight:~ 3.5 Lbs.
Hilt Construction: Leather over fine cord, small transverse ridges.

Attachment: 39.17 KB
Hilt to Tip-AT 1434 [ Download ]

Attachment: 28.98 KB
Hilt/Forte Close Up [ Download ]
AT 1563
The AT 1563 is long XIIa styled blade. It is not based on any historical model, more it evokes the aesthetics that a 15th century dueling sword may have had (the Germans were known for keeping the large cutting blades in use longer than the rest of the continent). The hilt on this is oxblood leather over fine cord, four total transverse ridges.

Length OA: 49 1/2"
Blade Length: 38 3/16"
Grip:9"
Cross Width: 8 3/4"
Blade Width at Cross: 1 3/4"
CoG: ~5 1/4"
CoP: ~24" from cross
Length of CoP: 1"
Pommel Length: 1 15/16th "
Weight:~ 3.2 Lbs.

Price on the 1563 is $540. The oxblood wrap with 4 transverse ridges and fine cord underlayment is $50 option

Attachment: 24.99 KB
DSCF0411.JPG
Hilt to Tip-1563

Attachment: 58.82 KB
DSCF0410.JPG
Hilt/Forte Close Up

Attachment: 50.83 KB
DSCF0417.JPG
Hilt Side View

Attachment: 18.21 KB
Full Length-1563 [ Download ]
AT1433
The 1433 is a XIIa/XVIa war sword. It is a cleaver, pure and simple. It is the least complex of the 5 swords, but that is it's beauty. It is designed for one thing, hacking! The point is still quite serviceable, but holding this sword, you realize it's strength is in the cut. Here are the stats:

Length OA: 45"
Blade Length: 34 3/4"
Grip Length: 8"
Cross: 8" rounded octagon
Blade Width at CoP: 1 3/4"
CoG: ~5 1/2"
CoP: ~23" from Cross
Length of CoP" ~1 1/4"
Weight:~3.4 lbs
Pommel Length: 2 1/4"

Attachment: 20.32 KB
Full Length-AT 1433 [ Download ]

Attachment: 36.23 KB
Hilt to Tip-AT 1433 [ Download ]

Attachment: 39.98 KB
Hilt/Forte Close Up-AT 1433 [ Download ]
AT 1547 Mk II
A Oakeshott type XVIIIe, this thing handles like a laser. It is one of the fastest swords I have ever held.

Weight: 3 Lb
Total Length: 49 1/2"
Blade Length 38 1/4" including 4" Ricasso
Ricasso Width 1 1/4"
Blade Width; Base: 1 1/2"
PoB; from hand: 4"
CoP; from cross: 24"
Handle make: 3 Band Cord over Walnut
Handle Length: 9"
Hilt Length; from cross: 11 1/4"
Cross Type: Spike
Cross Width: 9"

Attachment: 12.27 KB
DSCF0402.JPG
Full Length-AT 1547 Mk. II

Attachment: 28.69 KB
Hilt/Forte Close Up [ Download ]

Attachment: 58.31 KB
Ricasso/Blade Transition-AT 1563 [ Download ]
These are the home photos, next week it is off ot the photographer for some professional grade photos. Thanks for looking.

James
YES!!! :D
Very attractive tip profiles on some of those.
Very attractive everything on those. Can't wait to see them up on the site.
That XVIIIe is pretty slick! While I like it as it is, it might be an interesting option to offer a leather wrap on the ricasso. Seems like there'd be a market for that.
These look fantastic. When do you plan on having them for sale? Also you mentioned some hilting options, what are you thinking of offering?
That 1547 is sweet looking! :D

William
aka Bill
Hilting Options
Gary,

The Museum Line hilt options will now be available on any sword. I am in the process of having a new website built for All Saints Blades, it will be much more user friendly for things like the grip and furniture finish options.

James
Excellent
Bill Grandy wrote:
That XVIIIe is pretty slick! While I like it as it is, it might be an interesting option to offer a leather wrap on the ricasso. Seems like there'd be a market for that.

Hi Bill

Well, sir, we wouldn't want to take away from the do-it yourself would we now?

*g*

Besides, the center of gravity is right at the transition betwixt blade and ricasso. If you want the right "feel" for half sword, you're still going to want your offhand on the blade proper......

Just "choking up" is a waste of time. This sword handled with two hands is a guided missile.... not just a rocket. Its really quick..... Putting a hand on the ricasso isn't goint to add anything....
LOve that At1435!!
:eek:

Gus that looks like one damned fine cutting sword. The big Tyle XIIa is a beauty too! The grips are also wonderful looking. I have the urge to go out and chop now. If only it woudl stop raining :cry:

Joel
I got to see the multi fullered AT 1434 at the Oregon Knife collectors show...she's a real beauty!
Re: New Atrims and New Owner!
James Byrnes wrote:
As some of you may know, I recently became the proud owner of All Saints Blades.

Ok, but what's the case with European orders? I ordered a sword from Allsaints' uk distributor in February,
but I haven't heard anything from since. On allsaintsblades.com is now a sentence regarding international orders.
Should I contact you or do you still have an European distributor?
This is somewhat off topic, but is All Saints still going to carry the ATrim compound hilt line? I've been saving up for a little while for one of the basket hilts only to go online and not be able to find it anymore. Just curious. :?: Thanks.
Re: New Atrims and New Owner!
Esa Etelävuori wrote:
James Byrnes wrote:
As some of you may know, I recently became the proud owner of All Saints Blades.

Ok, but what's the case with European orders? I ordered a sword from Allsaints' uk distributor in February,
but I haven't heard anything from since. On allsaintsblades.com is now a sentence regarding international orders.
Should I contact you or do you still have an European distributor?

Hi Esa

Countercut is still in business, and just ordered 8 swords from me. I have no idea what you ordered, so I can't tell you if one of them is the one you ordered.......

Gus
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: