Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Medieval Themed Wedding: Please Help! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Medieval Themed Wedding: Please Help!         Reply with quote

Well I'm finally taking the big plunge and got engaged. now comes the wedding planning. Seeing as we're both interested in history we wanted to have a Medieval wedding, but unfortunately our families don't share our interest, and that brings us to this thread. We attend the NY Ren Faire every year but we don't want robin hod and his merry and not even close to historical men at our wedding. I would kindly ask you all to offer suggestions on planning the wedding. From the ceremony to the reception we want the theme to run through the whole affair, but we also want our guests to have a good time. So we need help from music to decorations to gowns. Any and all suggestions are welcome and I thank you in all advance for helping to make a stressful time a little easier.

~Mike~

Winter is coming
Reece Nelson

PostPosted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Medieval Themed Wedding: Please Help!         Reply with quote

I was part of a sword arch for a friends wedding here at the Kansas City Ren Fair.

We did the sword arch before the wedding when the guests arrived and after the wife and groom. All the guest enjoyed it.
Jean-Carle Hudon

PostPosted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It all depends on the depths of the pockets.... Here in Montreal I know a boutique that specializes in medieval wedding apparel.
Near Baltimore, Md, I attended a wedding where they rented this manor built by some millionaire who was into medieval architecture in the 1920's. They rent out the whole building, but have a curfew.
My sister-in-law and her husband had a quiet wedding in a scottish castle, quiet because not many could travel to attend.
The castle does weddings in Scotland like those chapels do in Las Vegas, they will rent you the Piper and provide the atmosphere. Her dress came from the boutique I mentionned, and her husband was in scottish attire, so they were a bit elastic on their medieval concept, but still got what they wanted.
What period and culture are you looking to ?

Bon coeur et bon bras
Glennan Carnie

PostPosted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

A good place to start is this book:

Medieval Celebrations:

http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Celebrations-H...amp;sr=8-1
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Fri 08 Aug, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean-Carle Hudon wrote:
What period and culture are you looking to ?

I'm going for Italian marrying a German, definitely from nobility. We were thinking right at the transition from the medieval to the Renaissance period so say late 13th to early 14th century.

Winter is coming

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Medieval Themed Wedding: Please Help!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic