Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > What colour is light brown or campaign worn on Albions sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Stephan Johansson

PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: What colour is light brown or campaign worn on Albions sword         Reply with quote

Hello I am planning to buy a Baron with campaign worn grip.
The Chieftain and Duke both has this colour in the review at myArmoury,
but the colours are completely different from each other.
Have Albion changed there light brown colour lately?
I will send a mail to Albion also, but if anyone have information please dont hesitate to respond.

Best Regards
Stephan
Gabriel Lebec
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 32 books

PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Albion's leather dying process is a very variable one in general; furthermore, the "campaign" or light brown is possibly their most variable color. The two reviews you mentioned are by two different authors and presumably were photographed by two different people, in different light with different cameras. Finally, the two reviews are years apart in publishing date (and the date in which each sword was made).

All that is to say that defining Albion's "campaign" brown is a very difficult thing to do. Still, I'd be interested in any further word Albion has to say on the matter. I have ordered an Albion with this color, specifying it to resemble as closely as possible the grip color in our Munich review. But I am prepared for anything. Happy

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science." - Albert Einstein
________
Nathan Keysor

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I received my Oakeshott with the light brown grip a couple months ago. It didn't particularly look "campaign worn" It didn't look like what I expected but didn't look bad either. It does not look like the grip in the review of the Munich but that could be because of variables in lighting etc.. It may be that they use some type of thinner on the brown dye and/or different pieces of leather take the dye differently. The good thing is that if you are trying to make the grip look worn or mottled you can probably touch it up with a darker brown to get the aged look.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
Stephan Johansson

PostPosted: Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have an answer from Albion that this colour changes every time they do it, and that it is impossible to match it to som specific sword grip.
But, it is a very nice colour though Wink

Best Regards
Stephan

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > What colour is light brown or campaign worn on Albions sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic