Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Here is a picture of the kit without padding on the armour stand. The arming garment is of for modifications at the moment and the haubergeon needs some modification too, to become useable.

[ Linked Image ]
wow nice. now i wanna 14th c kit.
That is looking very good! I think your suit is progressing along very well.

RPM
Really nice! What are your plans for leg armour?
At the moment I am thinking of the pieces exhibited at the Churburg armoury. Will upload the pictures this evening. But I still need a smith for the leg armour.
Here are some pics of possible leg armour.

Attachment: 68.77 KB
legs_from_churburg_in_tower_1385.jpg

Attachment: 49.82 KB
legs_from_churburg_CH18_c1410_2.jpg

Interesting legs. Does anyone know how common is it to have the articulation lames on the inside of the cuisse? I believe via armori from sweden have done some very similar legs in the past.

http://www.viaarmorari.com/

There is a picture of them in the 14th century gallery.
The next step on a long journay.
I finally got back my longsword (Albion Fiore) with an appropriate scabbard after 10 months of wait. The scabbard is wood lined and covered in linen and leather on the outside. It has a two point suspension with hook and ring suspension and simple buckles that will be changed to something more matching the design of the chape and locket.
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Finally, breast and faulds are finished and shipped to me. Already got some mouth watering pictures :woohooo:
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Looking better and better Felix! I look forward to seeing how it all turns out when it's complete.
Felix R. wrote:
Here are some pics of possible leg armour.

Check Thorkil out...
http://thorkil.ovh.org/Churburg_legs.htm
Hi, chekced him. But legs in Churburg style are in the order from a German smith right now.
Here is a "half kit" picture with breast and fauld that arrived today.
[ Linked Image ]
Felix,

That is turning out very nice! Nice to see what a determined person can do. Good work.

RPM
My softkit is now a little modified, the skirt of the Doublet was lengthened a little and the chausses were fitted at the calfs.
[ Linked Image ]

Got my arms back and hope to be able to strap them withing the next week to have my upper body and limb armour finished.
Got one of my first christmas presents a Todīs stuff eating knife.

Isnīt it sweet besides the Baselard dagger?

[ Linked Image ]
Very nice kit, reading about the evolution of it was most informative. I do have a question, how did you research appropriate footwear? I have some questions of my own on footwear and am looking for a good place to start.
Hello Hunter B,

Unfortunately there wasnīt much research about proper footwear, I just had to take what was available on the market, based on finds of the time, those arenīt especially Italian.
Felix R. wrote:
Hello Hunter B,

Unfortunately there wasnīt much research about proper footwear, I just had to take what was available on the market, based on finds of the time, those arenīt especially Italian.

Felix, thanks for the information. By the way, do you intend to add a backplate or some kind of back protection (such as a mail shirt)?
I have a haubergeon that has to be tailored to fit. This would be protectiond for the areas left open by the plates.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 3 of 5

Jump to: