Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Liechtenauer purchase. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Albion Liechtenauer purchase.         Reply with quote

Well, just bought the Maestro line Liechtenauer today, estimated wait time 8 to 12 weeks. ( I can borough a steel blunt for occasional use for my classes from our swordmaster/teacher ..... enough to get a little taste ).

Note: I called Mike at Albion to check if my e-mail(s) had been received as I sent one two months ago and resent it two days ago and hadn't gotten a reply. Mike hadn't received my e-mails.

The reason I mention this is that people often get mad or assume that they are being ignored when they don't get a reply to an e-mail and assume that it's the other party didn't want to reply or is very negligent in replying ( The last more with commercial communication where vendors should be motivated to reply to potential customers ).

What people forget is that messages can and do get lost in cyberspace or get blocked by " spam filters " , might be sent to the wrong or an old e-mail address ( my list of Albion addresses had multiple entries that I later deleted ). Oh, and Internet provider " glitches " can also happen.

So, the point is that when you don't get a reply to an e-mail use another method to get in touch. Wink Oh, and for the record I didn't waste any time assuming anything negative and just called Mike and had a nice talk with him ( bonus ) and made the order by phone. Also, Mike told me that he usually replies to e-mails within a couple of days and if anyone has sent e-mails and not gotten a reply it's because he didn't get it and to re-send or call. Cool
( Thought this might be worth mentioning if others haven't gotten a reply from Mike and had a similar communication " glitch " happen to them ).

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats! You'll like the Lick. It's a well balanced and light feeling longsword that is perfect for sparring or practice. I really like mine. Enjoy!

Bryce
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jun, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bryce Felperin wrote:
Congrats! You'll like the Lick. It's a well balanced and light feeling longsword that is perfect for sparring or practice. I really like mine. Enjoy!

Bryce

Thanks and I have held one as there is one in use in my longsword group/class ( Actually, but not sure, I think our instructor is the owner ) So I already know that it feels and looks good.

By the way it holds up to use very well and one almost needs a 8X loupe to see the minor dings in it: Some of the other training swords look like saw blades in comparison. ( These get inspected, filed and sanded safe after every use so as to not leave sharp corners. Wink ).

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion Liechtenauer purchase.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic