Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: good aword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Dillon T Moran

PostPosted: Sat 17 May, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Wanted: good aword         Reply with quote

I am looking for a hand a and half broad sword similar to the Albion steward. I need a good sword that will last and take use. My fiance want to gift me a sword at our wedding and the sword will be a family air loom, so I really need a good sword that could be a little unique. HELP!!! Big Grin I would really apreciate any advice. I havent had great luck so far
Gordon Clark

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 18 May, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You did not say why you just don't order a Steward...
What are your limitations in terms of price, requirements and delivery (when do you need it)?

People love to chime in on similar questions, but if you want useful answers, provide as much information as you can.

In general, I think the classifieds here and at other sword realted forums can give you a great deal, esp if you need somthing ASAP. Also, Arms&Armor has an "in stock" page - check out www.arms-n-armor.com
Antal László

PostPosted: Sun 18 May, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Greetings,
Well, what is the problem with the steward? I have never handled it yet, but Albion has a great reputation, and as far as I know every one, who has got a sword from Albion is completely satisfied with their workmanship. An other option is to make a custom order from one of the well known swordsmiths, but usually they have a long waiting list. You should check also Arms & Armors website, you can find the link in the Links section.
Anyway it is a great idea. Good luck to your search!
Antal László

PostPosted: Sun 18 May, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Gordon Clark wrote:
You did not say why you just don't order a Steward...
What are your limitations in terms of price, requirements and delivery (when do you need it)?

People love to chime in on similar questions, but if you want useful answers, provide as much information as you can.

In general, I think the classifieds here and at other sword realted forums can give you a great deal, esp if you need somthing ASAP. Also, Arms&Armor has an "in stock" page - check out www.arms-n-armor.com

Hi Gordon, I was writing, while you posted your reply Happy
R D Moore

Reading list: 11 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 18 May, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi, Dillon

In your post you said you were looking for a hand and a half size sword you intend to be a family heirloom. Will this be an "investment" type of sword-a one off type of custom made piece? Or will you be using it for anything? "Anything" can be defined here as holding it in your hands, swinging it a bit, or actually using it as it was built to be used--pool noodles, pop bottles, pompous pumpkins, etc. Being an Albion fan, I think you should go for the Steward since that's the one you mentioned, or maybe the Count with a little more artistic cross and pommel. If you want a more accute point you can go with the Baron. I really love mine. And then there are their XVA's, their XVII's, their XVIIIb's...... And by the way, congratulations on your future wedding. I hope you are as fortunate in your marraige as I have been in mine.

Good luck

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: good aword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic