Handle length: 7-5/8 inches
Pommel Type:
Guard Type:
Sword Family: n/a
COG: 2-3/8 inches from base of blade
Blade Node: 19 1/2 inches from base of blade
Primary Hilt Node: On handle approx 1/2 inch from cross
Weight: 2lb 6oz.

Sword in the style of the late 14th/early 15th. C.
Differential tempered 5160 spring steel blade, mild steel furniture, tang peened over nut. Handle is sandwiched hardwood with a laquered linen cord wrap.

This sword type devolped in the 13th C., apparently as a response to increased use of plate armor. The stiff, dagger-like blade was used to stab around the plates of the armor, attacking vulnerable areas such as the face, the armpit etc. Though intended primarily as a stabbing sword quite effective cuts could be delivered against un-armored or lightly armored opponents.

Comments welcome!
I really like that sword. Humm think hanwei will make one of these as well? Maybe as a black prince model maybe?
P. Cha wrote:
I really like that sword. Humm think hanwei will make one of these as well? Maybe as a black prince model maybe?

Sadly I don't think it's likely- unless they are inundated with requests. Not a terribly popular sword style, but I like 'em.
Yeah, it's a shame too since I too like them as well. I think I'm falling in love with the albion's agincourt hehe. Actually I saw the smaller one like this sword on your webpage before and I liked that one too. I love narrow type XVa blades.

As for hanwei...I don't know...the black prince is a popular sword style. A&A has one, gen 2 has one and valiant even has one...maybe they just need some friendly e-mails to push em a bit hehe :) .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: