Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Robin Hood 91 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Brett Spillers

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Robin Hood 91         Reply with quote

The real sword from the movie was so amazing, but every replica I've seen is gaudy. Can any one please tell me where to find plans, good pictures, or actual replicas of the of the real thing, because all I can find is garbage. I think Del Tin did the original, but again no pics. I just want to see the real thing or at least have something to go by when I build it. Please Help! Eek!
George Hill

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Robin Hood 91         Reply with quote

Brett Spillers wrote:
The real sword from the movie was so amazing, but every replica I've seen is gaudy. Can any one please tell me where to find plans, good pictures, or actual replicas of the of the real thing, because all I can find is garbage. I think Del Tin did the original, but again no pics. I just want to see the real thing or at least have something to go by when I build it. Please Help! Eek!

Which Robin hood is that? The one with Kevin Costner?

And which sword? There's lots of fine swords out there, not just tacky ones....

To abandon your shield is the basest of crimes. - --Tacitus on Germania
Brett Spillers

PostPosted: Sun 23 Mar, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: robin hood         Reply with quote

The Costner one, and I'm talking about his father's sword. The one he doesn't get back till the end when he kills the sheriff. It's really huge and bulky and they make a coppy really cheap, but the one in the movie looks so much better!

Attachment: 13.01 KB
rh.jpg

Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: robin hood         Reply with quote

Brett Spillers wrote:
The Costner one, and I'm talking about his father's sword. The one he doesn't get back till the end when he kills the sheriff. It's really huge and bulky and they make a coppy really cheap, but the one in the movie looks so much better!

Martel makes this one. I have a version of it made by them and it's a real boat anchor/wall hanger. Looks cool on my wall though. ;-) I got it through a deal with the guy who designed it for the movie, or so he said. ;-) He was neighbor in the mid-90's in my apartment building.

Aside from the above source I really don't know of anyone who makes a functional, historically accurate or usable version of the sword. It might be a nice project to do for a good smith if you want to contract one out. In any case the version I have is pretty, but it really isn't worth it if you want to carry it around.

Best regards,

Bryce Felperin
Brett Spillers

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Does Martel have a web sight or do you have a picture of it? I would really love to see how the real one is made and looks from a few angles.
Jonathan Hopkins

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It is Marto: http://www.marto.es/web/Idiomam.htm

Jonathan
Brett Spillers

PostPosted: Mon 24 Mar, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you, but I have that one and it has a bolt for a tang (some screw on nasty thing and if I used it, it would break). the worse thing is I can't even make it battle ready like the Excalibur. The one from the movie looked like it was aluminum w/ a wider diamond style brass hilt without all the engravings on the guard. I kinda wanted to see it so I could forge it from steel. I just can't find the real thing or even a picture of it.
Ian Chin

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Robin Hood sword         Reply with quote

Hi there. Go to this site : http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/robin-hood-sword.htm I think they may have what you are looking for.

Or go to this site for some close up pics: http://forms.thehotrodmall.com/store_manager_...p;offset=0
Chris Fields

PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yeah, the one in the movie had the same shape guard, but it did not have any engravings or etchings it in, it was plain. Unfortunatly, I don't think you can get one just like the movie version with out having it custom made.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Robin Hood 91
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic