Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Update Re: Maker's Mark stuff Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Update Re: Maker's Mark stuff         Reply with quote

The "Three Fullered XIII" was back in stock for a few hours today, I see that its sold out again. The "Flared shoulder XII", and the "Flared Shoulder XIII" should be in stock again very soon, as well as the triple fullered XII, and the XIIIa that was inspired by XIIIa.5 {Records}. I have the parts for another "Three Fullered XIII", so that won't be sold out long either......

The four fullered XIIIa needs a handle, and I'm making these concurrently with the first of the "Sale" longsword handles........

swords are fun
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, looking at Christian's site I see that there iare two swords currently in the " LEGACY LINE ": maybe you mentioned this line before in some previous Topic post but I don't remember. Could you give a bit of information about what makes this line different ?

My best guess would be that these are the peened tang swords and maybe a little different in finish or closer to historical accurate swords ?

The Italian longsword look really nice. Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Oh, looking at Christian's site I see that there iare two swords currently in the " LEGACY LINE ": maybe you mentioned this line before in some previous Topic post but I don't remember. Could you give a bit of information about what makes this line different ?

My best guess would be that these are the peened tang swords and maybe a little different in finish or closer to historical accurate swords ?

The "Legacy Line" is just the old stuff. I'm not going to be doing much with this, until the "Sale" is pretty much satisfied, and the backlog pretty much gone............ What you see there is a sword with a blade that has been in the shop for a year {the 1430}, and a sword that came back.........

swords are fun
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Angus Trim wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

The "Legacy Line" is just the old stuff. I'm not going to be doing much with this, until the "Sale" is pretty much satisfied, and the backlog pretty much gone............ What you see there is a sword with a blade that has been in the shop for a year {the 1430}, and a sword that came back.........

Well, the old stuff looked nice. Big Grin Cool Good idea though for Christian to only take orders for in stock items as it avoids a lot of issues. I guess one still has to wait if one is also ordering a scabbard from him but the wait isn't longer waiting for the sword to be made: http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christian_Fl...words.html

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
David Martin

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Maker's Mark swords are beautiful - and very reasonably priced, I might add. I love the XIIIa with flared shoulders... It calls to me.
"When war-gods meet to match their might,
who can tell the bravest born?
Many a hero never made a hole
in another man's breast."

- Sigurd, The Lay of Fafnir
Mike Arledge

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I came home to find the XII that I ordered had arrived. Its neat, I will likely post some thoughts and photos over the weekend. Its a very big single hander in size to me, but its very easily controlled. Happy Keep em coming Gus!
Mike J Arledge

The Dude Abides
Phil D.

Reading list: 56 books

Feedback score: 100%
(2 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 18 Jan, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just sent you an email Gus.Don't know if you are having problems receiving them.

Thanks

"A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world." -- Louis Pasteur

"A gentleman should never leave the house without a sharp knife, a good watch, and great hat."
Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Update Re: Maker's Mark stuff         Reply with quote

<snip>

Last edited by Thom R. on Sun 20 Jan, 2008 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karl Knisley

(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello
As, Angus trim, explained to me.He`s a one man shop.He can only answer emails 1 or 2 times a week.
He can`t answer emails, and make swords, at the same time.So I guess we need to be patient.
And If ,Karl (I NEED IT NOW!) Knisley,can be patient,anybody can Happy

Karl Knisley
Thom R.

Reading list: 30 books

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: report me all you want but         Reply with quote

<snip> appreciate the contact.

Last edited by Thom R. on Sun 20 Jan, 2008 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 20 Jan, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thom,
While I can understand and sympathize with your frustration, your order is unrelated to the sale swords that are the subject of this thread. We've also asked that people keep their private business dealings, well, private.

If you're unable to get satisfaction or communication from Gus, I'd suggest you consider disputing the charge if you paid via PayPal or a credit card. Or, you can contact the Better Business Bureau or the Washington State Attorney General's office.

If you want to post your experiences with a maker's service or inability to fill orders as a public service announcement/warning to others, you can do that in the Off-Topic Talk forum. Please keep this thread on-topic though, and the details of your personal order personal.

Also, keep in mind that posting someone's private communication without their permission is bad form and something we discourage.

Thank you and best of luck.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Update Re: Maker's Mark stuff
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic