For Sale: Armour Books
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Following titles:

The Anglo Saxon-Shield
By I.P. Stephenson
159 pages

This scholarly look at the round shield over its history is loaded with info and had me looking at shields as much more than a board an a boss when I finished it. Using sculptural, artistic, spoken word and archeological finds to examine how shields were made and thier development over time its a great little read. Amazon has it used at $39 and new at $40. $20.00 plus shipping takes it.

European Armour
Victoria & Albert Museum
By J.F. Howard
40 pages

This small book has images of item that are no longer viewable since the museum packed up its display of arms and armour. Many components of armour with description and provenance. $5.00 plus shipping.

Arms and Armor in Colonial America 1526-1783
By Harold L. Peterson
350 pages

A fairly well know title this is an original 1956 printing. A great look at something Americans don't always remember, that our pre Revolutionary history is longer than our post Revolutionary history, and we used armour swords and pole arms for a great deal of it. Looking at armour, firearms and thier accoutrements, and edged weapons, broken up into two blocks 1526-1689 and 1689 -1783. Has a plastic library cover but it was put on after the dust jacket had seen some shelf time so the jacket is a little ruffled around the edges. The book is in great shape. $10.00 plus shipping takes this first edition copy.

Paypal and credit cards accepted. Please PM me with any questions.

Arms and Armour in Colonial America is sold.

Price drop, The Anglo-Saxon Shield $15.00 plus shipping,European Armor $2.50 plus shipping.

European Armour and The Anglo -Saxon Shield are sold pending payment.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: