Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sneaker pic.......another XIII Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Angus Trim

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Sneaker pic.......another XIII         Reply with quote

The first of 10 of these XIII's is on its way to CF. The inspiration for this is published in Oakeshott's "The Sword in the Age of Chivalry", plate 11c.

Featuring a blade of nearly 33 inches, with gently flared shoulders, and an eight inch handle { the reason for the use of 11c for inspiration, long handle, mid-length blade}.........

As I'm most likely only going to do 10 of each "inspired piece" in 2008, its gratifying that the first of the three fullered XIII's was sold Friday. Ironically by an individual that has been the first in several things I've done in the past.......

This one is heavier and longer than the fullered piece, more authoritive, yet still quite "handy", particularly with two hands. CF will have better photos up soon.........

Attachment: 41.69 KB
IMG_0318_1.jpg

swords are fun
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

Feedback score: 100%
(11 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The "inspired" sword models so far are awesome! This one looks like it will be awesome as well!!! I'm really looking forward to some more single handers myself, but I do love that triple fullered XIII... Great job! Can't wait for more.
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Is it just a trick of the pic or is the guard on that sword gently swept forward just like the original?
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tim Lison wrote:
The "inspired" sword models so far are awesome! This one looks like it will be awesome as well!!! I'm really looking forward to some more single handers myself, but I do love that triple fullered XIII... Great job! Can't wait for more.

Thanks Tim......

I don't know how fast they're going to appear...... the first six were "run" on the CNC the Thanksgiving week, during my, uhhh, mental break... There's two in heat treat, and two more new ones on the floor with the 2104s. The rest {I want to do 20 this year, but we'll see} are kind of dependent on finishing the "sale" swords, and getting the backlog caught up....

Singlehanders "on the way".....a three fullered XII, the double fullered XII that appeared last year, and a X with "flared shoulders"........ No point in discussing others at this time that haven't had steel cut yet........

swords are fun
Angus Trim

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Elrod wrote:
Is it just a trick of the pic or is the guard on that sword gently swept forward just like the original?

I was visually trying to capture the "feel" of the photo and the illustrations I've seen of this sword. Close up the guard really isn't that close to the original, but yes, its a bit "downturned"... Hopefully show up better in CFs photo shoot later this week..

{But its the handling that will set these apart.........}

swords are fun

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Sneaker pic.......another XIII
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic