Go to page Previous  1, 2

What truely shocking news!!

This has already been said, but Mr. Reinhardt's contributions to our "sword community" has been invaluable over the many years. Those who met him are truely the fortunant ones. We all need to be sure to stay focused on our "obsession", so that work done by him, as well as significant others who are also now gone, will not have been in vain.

<salute>
Its sad for us to see him pass from the world he leaves behind, but he seemed to live a life that he actively defined. There's something to be said for that.
very sorry to hear it... this is terrible news
rest in peace

G
I saw this late last night before closing my computer and my heart sort of skipped a beat and I've sort of been avoiding logging on as I would rather not to have to think about it i.e. state of denial !

I had the pleasure to have some private e-mail discussions with Hank a while back as well as some P.M.s here and exchanges of view on the Forums: It was a pleasure to have these exchanges.

I feel honoured and privileged to have had this personal contact with him.

He will be missed and my condolences to his family and many friends now and over the years.

Very sad news .........
RIP Hank
I hoisted a glass and toasted Hank, a man among men !
When my time comes I hope to see Hank and Ewart and many other men of the sword. W
I never got to correspond with Hank Reinhardt but I sure have heard a lot about him. One of the biggest assets to come down the pipeline to the world of medieval replica swords. This is a Huge Loss! :cry:

My condolences to his family, pets (if any) and loved ones!

Sincerely,

Bob

I love our domesticated companions "Pets"

They grieve too! Esp. dogs.
My condolences to Mr. Reinhardt's family. It's a very dismal day when another of those icons of the sword community has left us.
Wow, I'm pretty shocked! Hank was probably the first "voice" of reason that I had heard(read) when it came to swords and their functionality. I can remember a very early article(I believe it was BLADE magazine back in the late '80's) about sword sharpness and other practical aspects of swords and swordmanship that I had not come across before. My first swords were from the company that he flagshipped as were several after that. I think his foundational contribution helped serious study of swords, swordsmanship and military history in general to be viewed in a much better more qualified level of understanding. His perspectives definitly had an influence on my understanding of "what" swords were. As did Ewart.

Hank's contributions will be sorely missed I think. My Prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends.

Thank you and may you rest in peace Hank.
All of us at Albion are extremely shocked and saddened - what a great loss to the sword community, as well as to his family and friends.

I didn't know Hank well, but I did have a few telephone conversations with him about a year ago. He was a real gentleman.

His loss will be deeply felt.

Howy
Wow, what a shock.

R.I.P. Hank. :(

And artist Angus McBride (who illustrated so many of the Osprey Men-At-Arms books) died earlier this year. We've lost a lot of cool people recently.
Death of Hank Reinhardt
I have not had a chance to verify this, but announcements of Hank Reinhardt's (of Museum Replicas) death on October 30th are being circulated by the "Reclaiming the Blade" mailing list.

http://www.thearma.org/spotlight/Hank_Reinhardt_Eulogy.html
Re: Death of Hank Reinhardt
Jared Smith wrote:
I have not had a chance to verify this, but announcements of Hank Reinhardt's (of Museum Replicas) death on October 30th are being circulated by the "Reclaiming the Blade" mailing list.

http://www.thearma.org/spotlight/Hank_Reinhardt_Eulogy.html

http://mog.com/fairportfan/blog_post/122541

Reinhardt, Julius Henry Hank, 73, of Oxford; 3 p.m. at Bernstein Funeral Home, Athens.
Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 110307

http://sceniccity.proboards98.com/index.cgi?b...1193841328

He was a man that touched many lives and will be missed by many..

Esperance en Dieu

GC
We have a biography of Hank on our sites. One that he sent us.

But we have just added a brief Eulogy of Hank from us at Generation2

You can read it here.

http://www.imperialcoinc.com/hank.html

It was an honor to work with him. We will strive to continue to make him proud.
I've just saw this thread. It is said news... R.I.P. my prayers are with you .
He was a gentleman and a scholar. I'm so sorry to hear of his loss. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: