Sword Gur
Hi

I recently bought the sword-gur gothic sword and I want to know if someone have already try this sword ? Do you have any comment ??

www.sword-gur.com

thank

Antoine
Using the search function I found a couple of threads.

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=7085
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=10355

I don't know about the onehanders except that they are a bit on the heavy side. My longsword is working just fine. The only bad thing is that the pommel is screwed on, so it starts to turn after a certain period of use. But that can be fixed with some glue or something like that. I would like a bit longer handle and a lighter pommel, but they are just minor quibbles.
Hmmm... 1,4 kg seems a bit heavy for a single handed sword.

I Have a J002 longsword an it is the best money for value practice sword I have ever owned.

Risto: My tang seems to be peened. Which model do you own?
When did you get your sword? I got mine last spring. I think he's changed the models to have screw on pommels. It's a shame. I have the model J003 with the pommel of the twohanded sword T001.
Yeah, I've notice the 1.4 and I asked for a little change, took off 10 cm of the blade... I hope it'll make a faster and a lighter sword.
Somehow I have the feeling that the reduction in length will not as much lightness as you would wish.... But hey, let us know how it turns out!
Risto: That's weird. I got mine last march. Maybe the J002 is peened and the 003 has a a screw on pommel, but that would not make much sense.

Some friends of mine want to order a sword from Mr Motycka. I'll just ask him if he still makes peened swords. Thanks for the info.

Regarding Mr. Perreault's gothic sword I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to just schorten it, but we'll see how it turns out.
Well the shorter version is not only for the weight, but more for the combat style.... but when I'm asking, he said that it must take off some weight to the sword.
Ok. That makes sense.
Hope it turns out nice, Antoine. :)
Regarding the screwed-on vs. rivetet pommel: I just got an email from Jan.

He says that he usually makes screw on pommels, but can do any sword in riveted when asked. Nice to know... :-)

Regards

Micha
I got a question too you ppl that have one Sword-gurs swords. How much do i have too pay too get it to my country (in this case Sweden)?
If ordering from Jan you don't have to pay anything else than shipping to get your sword to Sweden. You pay taxes in the country of origin (the sellers usually adds this to the price) wich in most cases is cheaper than Sweden. You don't have to pay customs when ordering from SwordGur. PM me if you want to know more. I also hae one of his swods, with peened pommel. It's very siomilar in finish to Lutel swords but the quality is much better. And cheaper.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: