Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Inc. Sword in Elizabeth: The Golden Age Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: A&A Inc. Sword in Elizabeth: The Golden Age         Reply with quote

If you are going to see the new film "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" keep an eye out for The German Rapier from A&A being carried by Clive Owen playing Sir Walter Raleigh. We may also have a Writhen Rapier and Elizabethan Rapier in the show but they were not readily apparent to our reviewer.

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Best from
A&A
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was planning on going with my wife "Gayle" to see this movie, she's very fond of Elizabeth I and this period in England. However, now with the German Rapier being in the movie, this is a Must, especially me being the steadfast, loyal
and devoted customer to Arms & Armor that I am, it would be almost sacrilege not to go see this movie!
This by the way is my wife's favorite rapier, and one of these days the plan is to order one for her, along with a fine scabbard and rigging, perhaps all done in gold plating. However, she likes the look of steel quite a bit too!

Thanks for the "Heads Up" Craig!

Sincerely!

Bob
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Niiiice Craig, kudos to you guys. I'm impressed that they actually went out of their way to get a decent sword or three into the movie!
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Peter Morwood

PostPosted: Mon 15 Oct, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congratulations to you, Christopher and the A&A team!

With a bit of luck, the good sense of using period-correct reproduction swords made by people who do it for a living will go into some movie producer's file (it's happened before, but not half often enough IMO) and we'll start to see more appearances of accurate weapons - which are also probably less expensive and more easily replaced than something built by a studio prop-shop.

It nearly happened on the one I was involved in a couple of years ago. Dark Kingdom: the Dragon King was originally supposed to be shot in Europe, and I suggested using Del Tin as a source since Fulvio's provided swords for movies before; but when the production moved to South Africa, the "local supplier" was lost.

Besides, I was just the writer, and who listens to them? (See The Player for further information on how important writers aren't... Laughing Out Loud )

Bravo, guys, and here's to the next one!

"I care little for your Cause; I fight not for your Crown, but for your half-crown, and your handsome women!" - Capt. Carlo Fantom (from Aubrey's "Brief Lives")
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 01 Dec, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I do believe that Gayle and I are going to see this movie today. I bought Gayle the matching "German Parrying Dagger" at Kult of Athena about a month ago and I will be placing a deposit for her German Rapier within the next 2 weeks.
I have learned recently that Gayle has a fancy for nice daggers, she has 5 so far and it's going to be my pleasure to buy her this rapier. It took me a while to get the real truth out of her that she really did want this rapier a whole lot! She had been down playing her attraction to this rapier for the last year or so because she did not want me to spend the investment on her, knowing that I would also buy her a custom scabbard and hanging system for the rapier and dagger.
She knows how much I love swords and there is an Albion and an Arms & Armor sword I'd like a whole lot, however as I told her "Gayle, I have a dozen high quality swords and another 7 very good midrange Windlass and Hanwei swords and I would much prefer buying you this rapier and dagger with fine quality scabbards and rigging!" So she finally fessed up to the fact that she would really like to have this rapier a whole lot! Perhaps my wife is starting to get the "sword bug" too! Laughing Out Loud

Gayle and I have both wielded this rapier, it's the perfect size and weight for her and it is of supreme elegance!

Sincerely,

Bob

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A Inc. Sword in Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic