Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A&A September Highlight Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: A&A September Highlight         Reply with quote

Okay, well the truth of the matter is that there isn't one, but they did post something on August 27th that noted that the hightlight item isn't dead, merely on hiatus for a while due to the folks at A&A having a lot on their plate. I for one am extremely glad to hear that they are so busy and hope they are making money hand over fist. I'll await the new highlight items patiently (I hope). Happy

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to mention that the available items section has also been updated. If I didn't already have something on order I'd snap up that horseman's ax, warhammer or hungarian ax....
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Its also worth noting that they MIGHT have some more stuff in stock soon as the faires are winding down!
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

PostPosted: Wed 05 Sep, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

My sentiments as well Russ. I'm glad their doing so good they don't have time for a highlight item. Here's to more summers swamped with work for the guys at A&A.
Jason Bufkin
Industry Professional

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

September is always a busy time for the A&A boys as The Minnesota and Bristol Renaissance Festivals over-lap each other for the last three weekends in August. I'm sure once the furvor winds down a bit we'll see a highlight for September. Along that vein, I know Craig has been experimenting with some longsword prototypes built not on specific historical pieces, but 'built to the hand' as it were... constructed and balanced to feel like a part of your arm and geared towards work out of the longsword manuals. Once the Festival season winds down, this, combined with hints of new products, could mean good things to come for any in the Western Martial Arts crowd who are fans of Arms & Armor's work. I know I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Bufkin wrote:
September is always a busy time for the A&A boys as The Minnesota and Bristol Renaissance Festivals over-lap each other for the last three weekends in August. I'm sure once the furvor winds down a bit we'll see a highlight for September. Along that vein, I know Craig has been experimenting with some longsword prototypes built not on specific historical pieces, but 'built to the hand' as it were... constructed and balanced to feel like a part of your arm and geared towards work out of the longsword manuals. Once the Festival season winds down, this, combined with hints of new products, could mean good things to come for any in the Western Martial Arts crowd who are fans of Arms & Armor's work. I know I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Now that's some interesting information. On the one hand I'm very excited to see if there's new stuff in the works, on the other I'm dejected, my quest to own their entire catalog slips further away... Happy

Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well I sure wish I could have bought that 12th Century Sword! It's a real beauty and it was at the IL / WI fair last Sunday, which was the next to the last day and there was a Bec De Corbin left too, I got the 2nd to last one at that fair, which started with 4 or 5. It's also the last Bec De Corbin of it's kind, as this particular replica has been retired according to Chris Poor.
There was a 2 and 3 ring rapier, Irish Sword, Schloss Erbach, Knightly Sword, 15th Century Two Hander (would have loved to bought this one too!)
I'd say they went to the Minneapolis Faire, so anyone interested might want to call Craig at Arms & Armor by tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob Burns wrote:
Well I sure wish I could have bought that 12th Century Sword! It's a real beauty and it was at the IL / WI fair last Sunday, which was the next to the last day and there was a Bec De Corbin left too, I got the 2nd to last one at that fair, which started with 4 or 5. It's also the last Bec De Corbin of it's kind, as this particular replica has been retired according to Chris Poor.
There was a 2 and 3 ring rapier, Irish Sword, Schloss Erbach, Knightly Sword, 15th Century Two Hander (would have loved to bought this one too!)
I'd say they went to the Minneapolis Faire, so anyone interested might want to call Craig at Arms & Armor by tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Bob

I'm surprised that there are any left, I bought a used one in bad shape that I fixed up and rehafted. Wish I would have known that they still had a few kicking around. Of course then I wouldn't have had the fun project. Wonder what else they are sitting on...

Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Thu 06 Sep, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was at Bristol on Saturday and saw the Bec - now I am kicking myself (though I do still have an MRL bec, which is in multple pieces at the moment).
Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A&A September Highlight
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic