Video: Vendelperiod show fight!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ3VrUwSoPk

Me and Anders Nilsson is showing off at The Village day at Trysunda.
Good stuff. Keep at it..

Jag gillar snurr-finten..;D
Not my kind of fighting, but it sure looks like they were having fun.
Besides, I like Floggin' Moly. :)
W. Schütz wrote:
Good stuff. Keep at it..

Jag gillar snurr-finten..;D

Thanx! It´s your ol seax Nelle is sporting!

Särskillt att jag nästan ramlar i elden menar du;)

Last edited by Martin Wallgren on Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Micha Hofmann wrote:
Not my kind of fighting, but it sure looks like they were having fun.
Besides, I like Floggin' Moly. :)

It is fun to do as a show, but I know what you mean. As you see in my other vids we do mostly HEMA stuff.
Quite a few fun videos with a bit of exploring.
Joe Fults wrote:
Quite a few fun videos with a bit of exploring.

Yepp! And the whole Swordfighting group is interesting to go through!
BTW what do you think of our halfsword interpretations?

Brentshieren 1
Brentshieren 2
Brentshieren 3
Brentshieren 4
In the vendell period fight did you use a langsax with a shield?
Etienne Hamel wrote:
In the vendell period fight did you use a langsax with a shield?

Yepp Both of us did! Our group only alows the "chieftain" to have a sword!
i loved the fight but the only thing that i didn't like was the images they was not very clear and of course it was not like a movie :lol: .
Honestly, when you said show you meant it. I was hoping to see something a bit more realistic, but I'm not sure what your purpose was when doing the display. There were multiple times when either combatant could have been skewered during the combat, which is one of the biggest giveaways as to it just being for fun.

-Gregory-
It´s a show for the audience. Thats why we didn´t take the fight with intent. We tried to make a showfight that used atleast some realistic moves. We tried to find a balance between show and real moves.
Martin Wallgren wrote:

It is fun to do as a show, but I know what you mean. As you see in my other vids we do mostly HEMA stuff.

Oooops. I did'nt see it was you, Martin. :blush: I should be more awake when surfing...
I remember your nice Talhoffer takedown video ( with nice music, too, perhabs you should do soundtracks for a living or so... ;) ).
Micha Hofmann wrote:
Martin Wallgren wrote:

Oooops. I did'nt see it was you, Martin. :blush: I should be more awake when surfing...
I remember your nice Talhoffer takedown video ( with nice music, too, perhabs you should do soundtracks for a living or so... ;) ).

No sweat man! No offence taken!
Nice fight! :D
What did you guys use for gauntlets? im intrested in vendel period myself but i havent found any gauntlets...
Robert Rootslane wrote:
Nice fight! :D
What did you guys use for gauntlets? im intrested in vendel period myself but i havent found any gauntlets...

I use a pair of leather gloves just to block the worst. Other than that we just try too not get hit on the hands. I Have a splint on my swordarm wich serves me well too.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: