Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Phoenix metal creations Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
E Stafford

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Phoenix metal creations         Reply with quote

Did something happen to this manufacturer? All the site links are dead.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Phoenix metal creations         Reply with quote

E Stafford wrote:
Did something happen to this manufacturer? All the site links are dead.

I'm not sure. It's not working today. Erik went from taking orders to not taking orders, but sounded like he was going to be making some things again, though not taking custom orders.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Hugh Fuller

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I believe that Erik posted that he was going out of business about 2-3 years back. He said that he could not make a go of it.
Hugh
Still trying to walk in the Light
Please see 1 John 1:5
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hugh Fuller wrote:
I believe that Erik posted that he was going out of business about 2-3 years back. He said that he could not make a go of it.

That's old news. Happy More recently (in the last 6 months or so), his site said he would be making one-off pieces and offering them for sale.

Happy

ChadA

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Hugh Fuller wrote:

That's old news. Happy More recently (in the last 6 months or so), his site said he would be making one-off pieces and offering them for sale.

I don't believe this is true. Is it? If so, it's news to me, too. I've had a hard time contacting him, but the last time I did, he was only doing a few things now and again to finish his old waiting list.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You guys are doing better then me, when I clicked on the Phoenix Metal Creations link from one of the reviews I got a URL that you would expect to find for a domain that is up for grabs.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:

I don't believe this is true. Is it? If so, it's news to me, too. I've had a hard time contacting him, but the last time I did, he was only doing a few things now and again to finish his old waiting list.

I remember seeing it with my own eyes. Happy Unless I've lost my grasp of the English language...

If he's not contactable now and has no web presence now, I'm not sure it really matters what I may have seen months ago. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

See my post in this thread: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=9974
Happy

ChadA

Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Mon 27 Aug, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Whois provides the following for the domain name
Quote:

Registrant:
c/o PHOENIXMETALCREATIONS.COM
P.O. Box 821650
Vancouver, WA 98682
US

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: PHOENIXMETALCREATIONS.COM
Created on: 02-JUL-07
Expires on: 25-JUN-08
Last Updated on: 02-JUL-07

Administrative Contact:
PHOENIXMETALCREATIONS.COMYxyeDb@privacypost.com
P.O. Box 821650
Vancouver, WA 98682
US
+1.360-449-5933

Technical Contact:
PHOENIXMETALCREATIONS.COMO81iml@privacypost.com
P.O. Box 821650
Vancouver, WA 98682
US
+1.360-449-5933

net, org, biz, edu, etc are all available.

It would almost seem someone jumped on the domain name. Or, Erik moved, or????

Cheers

GC
Michael S. Rivet

PostPosted: Tue 28 Aug, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I don't have explicit permission to post this, but since it's pretty much just straight-up information, there shouldn't be a privacy problem. I emailed Erik in April, shortly before his domain expired. Here's his reply:

Quote:
Hi Michael,

I am currently working at as a graphic designer. I am going to take a break from sword work for a while (couple years probably) but I have some blades in stock that I will eventually turn into swords based on designs that interest me and will most likely sell after they are finished. I don't plan on doing any more custom sword work though.

Take care,
Erik

Michael S. Rivet wrote:
> Heard a rumor that you've completed your custom order backlog. Any idea what you're going to do now?
>
Erik Stevenson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 25 Nov, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello all, I stumbled across this post so I figured I would respond, even if it is an old topic. Due to a shoulder and back injury I received while in the Marines I was not able to continue doing metal work full time so I shut down my business Phoenix Metal Creations and have been busy learning new skills for the change in career paths. There was more than enough interest in my work to keep going but I just couldn't do the labor to keep up with the demand and I wasn't able to find anyone who would commit to the training to take over my business.

As for the rumors of me still doing sword work, I think most of that information came from email responses I sent out to inquiries like the one Michael Rivet posted. I was woefully bad at updating my website while it was still active so I decided to take it down all together since it was bringing in a lot of request email. I have a number of unfinished A-Trim blades on hand that I eventually plan to do something with and will most likely sell the pieces once they are finished but there is no definite time line on when something might get made or what it will be. So far I have been too busy finishing my degree, remodeling and trying to sell my house as well as learning the tricks of the graphic design trade. At the moment my shop is only partially functional due to showing the house and having a lot of equipment in storage. If people need to they can still contact me at PhoenixMetalCreations@comcast.net but at this point I am only answering questions and being social, not taking orders of any kind. I must admit that I miss doing metal work but I don't miss being in pain all the time as a result of it lol. About the only sword related work I have done since finishing out my backlog was to create some CGI swords as 3D modeling practice pieces.

Cheers.
Erik

Attachment: 88.3 KB
baskethilt.jpg

Glen A Cleeton

PostPosted: Sun 25 Nov, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

That is a terrific image Erik. some of your metal work still surfaces and seems to make the rounds. A friend was an owner for awhile and lauched that sword overseas where it has visted at least two more homes.

Nice image too. Even though I'm not a basket case, I had to save that one.

Good to see you out and about.

Cheers

GC

aka Hotspur
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Erik,

Good to see you are still around now and again. If I'd had the cash on hand I would have picked up a late period hand and a half that was up on the classifieds just a little while ago. I always keep my eyes peeled for items from a few particular makers and you are one of those. I'm hoping to get one of your pieces added to my collection eventually.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Phoenix metal creations
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic