How to upgrade a Triton from Odinblades
Hi
I am the ovner of one of Odinblades Triton sword's
It's a very nice pattern wielded blade but I am not so fond of the handle & guard.
Can anybody come up with a good way to upgrade this sword ?
I'm looking for a way to make it look more like a medieval sword.

Attachment: 84.43 KB
[ Download ]
If this was a production blade, I'd be for it. But this is a custom... :\

If you're wanting something of a different style, then either trade or sell it and procure a new sword closer to what you want.

There are certainly people out there who would much appreciate this piece as it is.
I'd send a note to John about it. I'd bet he'd much rather re-hilt or modify his own piece than have another do so. It might be a fun project for him. Who knows? It doesn't hurt to ask. :)
Nathan Robinson wrote:
I'd send a note to John about it. I'd bet he'd much rather re-hilt or modify his own piece than have another do so. It might be a fun project for him. Who knows? It doesn't hurt to ask. :)

And I would add that, here on myArmoury.com, John Lundemo has expressed interest in doing more historical pieces. All the more reason to discuss your needs with him.
Hi, Mr. Klaus has expressed interest in having me redo the hilt to a more historical look and feel. I said I would like to. IT was not a custom sword made for any one person, but just something I made just to sell at the time. Also it ended up being sold to Mr. Klaus on ebay for the price I paid for materials. Guess it never really looked quite right except maybe as a fantasy piece. It is a great blade and does deserve a proper hilt and is worth more than the total sword cost. Time and money and shipping would be a few big factors though. Plenty of guys who could do it that's fer sure and maybe even someone in his neck of the woods.
While it doesn't fit the owner's desire, that sure looks like a beautiful piece of burl wood that the handle is made out of....
Right now I'm trying to figure out, if there are any historical pieces out there I can use as model.
Maybe I should just wait with this project, I have a coulple of Albions comming my way this summer, I also have to pay ;-)
So I gues I will drive this project on low priority. thanks for your time.

Quote:
While it doesn't fit the owner's desire, that sure looks like a beautiful piece of burl wood that the handle is made out of....

yes it's a beatifull handle here's some more pictures of the handle

Attachment: 119.12 KB
[ Download ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: