Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Feature: Great Helm Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael Clark

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Feature: Great Helm         Reply with quote

Heya folks,

You know, you have two amazing helm features, on the bascinet and the burgonet, both of which being very informative of their respective histories. I would love to see the same kind of information on the great helms of the 12th and early 13th centuries.

The great helm creates such romantic thoughts for most in regards to the classic knightly image. I'd love to see what research has been done in regards to this familiar piece of history.

Thanks, ya'll.
- MC
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stay tuned. Big Grin
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Michael Clark

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

WTF?! Okay.

In the mean time, I think I should note that, inspite of the attraction I have for the great helm, I look at it and can't help but think it impractical. How on earth were those things ever used?
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Clark wrote:
WTF?! Okay.

In the mean time, I think I should note that, inspite of the attraction I have for the great helm, I look at it and can't help but think it impractical. How on earth were those things ever used?

There's a ton of period art depicting the great helm in use. I can't imagine it was too comfortable, but they must have made it work.

The spotlight, written by some musician from Ohio Happy , will have images of period art and historical examples and has a section on the helm in wear. As Sean said, stay tuned....

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Lafayette C Curtis

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Stay tuned? Hm....

What if myArmoury puts up something like an "Up and Coming" section to list and describe the articles that are currently in the works, at least the ones that are almost certain to be finished and would just be a matter of time before they come up? It might also help in avoiding duplication in article submissions and the like.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lafayette C Curtis wrote:
Stay tuned? Hm....

What if myArmoury puts up something like an "Up and Coming" section to list and describe the articles that are currently in the works, at least the ones that are almost certain to be finished and would just be a matter of time before they come up? It might also help in avoiding duplication in article submissions and the like.

There is already a system in place to avoid duplications of submissions. Fact is, no submissions come in without being pre-approved before work begins... not that we get a lot of outside submissions in the first place. Wink

No pre-announcements will happen. That kills content-based sites and is a bad idea on so many levels. I'd hate to see our hard work get diminished by being scooped by another web-based content publisher.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Feature: Great Helm
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic