The AT1314 Mk II
Hey Gus,
I see you have a revised version of the 1314 up at All Saints. What changes did you make to it? The cop seems to be farther down than I remember it.
Re: The AT1314 Mk II
Darwin Todd wrote:
Hey Gus,
I see you have a revised version of the 1314 up at All Saints. What changes did you make to it? The cop seems to be farther down than I remember it.

Hi Darwin

Well, changed the guard on it for a start........*g*

I wound up making two 1314's into a similar profile last winter, because of a semi-custom order. Liking the changes, I used the one that stayed here to prototype practically a new sword.

The handle is shorter, the pommel larger and heavier. The blade distal tapers slightly more as its running down the length of the fuller and the fuller's break out at the end of the fuller, is a smooth transition rather than the abrupt end of the first series.

So, I suppose you could say that its now more "period", with the 4.5 inch grip {what Oakeshott calls average length for a XII in "Chivalry"}. You could also say the harmonics have been refined {with the cop further down the blade}, and the dynamic balance is such, that this sword begs to cut.........

And all of the changes added up to an ounce of weight loss..........So, the sword is faster, responds quicker, and cuts better than the Mk 1...........

*g*
:eek: Sounds so good I had to go out and get me one! The new pommel should be interesting - sure looks good on the sword.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: