Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > MRL Shipping Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sat 19 May, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: MRL Shipping         Reply with quote

Does anyone know why shipping for Museum Replicas clothing is so horrendous? The best they can offer is $100 to ship two items. I can get swords shipped for around that price.
Kerry G. Neuls

PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No Idea. I recently ordered a dagger and a spear point from them and the shipping was the same. I assume they charge it on everything.

$100.00

Tried emailing them beforehand about the shipping and got no reply. Never tried after.

Makes one wonder though. I can order fairly large cast iron Dutch ovens for $35 or $40. An they far exceed most swords in weight . (Not to mention your clothing order.)

Maybe they pay someone to inflate the bubbles in their wrap one at a time with a little straw. Big Grin

And in this moment...
I will not run, it is my place to stand
we few shall carry hope
within our bloodied hands

---Winter Born---
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Frankly, their system is silly, and they're extorting many customers whose orders will not come anywhere close to $100. If they charge a flat rate of $100 shipping no matter what is ordered, they might figure that a flat rate of $100 should average out the costs between buyers who would have higher shipping and those who have lower. There's no way in hell, however, that I want to pay to cover someone else's shipping costs. I'll buy similar items from another webpage.

If you're reading this and you're an employee of Museum Replicas Limited, you just lost a customer because of your stupid shipping policies.
Christopher Finneman

PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

so wait a minute. Ity cost 100 dollars to ship a item at MRL? I ordered thier volgue last year and it didnt go past 25 dollars for shipping.
I can see the high shipping cost cause of gasoline now but thats a lil stiff .

Proudly it stands until the worlds end. The victorious banner of love.
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Sun 20 May, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Christopher Finneman wrote:
so wait a minute. Ity cost 100 dollars to ship a item at MRL? I ordered thier volgue last year and it didnt go past 25 dollars for shipping.
I can see the high shipping cost cause of gasoline now but thats a lil stiff .

One hundred dollars was the best shipping price offered to me. If I wanted my items even faster, I could have paid $175.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig,
Did you order on the phone or over the web? I've never heard of their shipping being that expensive. What does the catalogue say about shipping? Or the web?

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've never had shipping charges like that from them. If they are charging that much now, I'm sure they will achieve a volume reduction since you can get anything they sell from other vendors at more reasonable shipping and sometimes better price to boot.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig...

Where do you live? I do not see a location on your profile. If you have an overseas address, shipping is going to be much higher. When I order something from Great Britain these days I am paying an inordinately high shipping charge.

MRL's shipping within the US has not been out of line in years past and doesn't look to be now.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just went most of the way through an order on their website just to see what shipping is like. I ordered two pieces of clothing (a gambeson and pair of pants). The most expensive shipping option was 1-day UPS Saturday delivery for $65.95. UPS Ground was ~$16. Adding a longsword to the order increased the most expensive shipping option (still 1-day UPS Saturday delivery) to $71.95.

Changing the order to just the Bed de Corbin and the Poleaxe still made 1-day UPS Sat Del $71.95. UPS Ground was $22.

But I'm in the US, which will make a difference. It does say on their website that non-US orders may not be processed correctly and to call instead.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was ordering through the web. I live in Canada, which means that shipping is going to be more expensive than in the States, but it should not cost $100 to order two items. As I've said before, I've had swords shipped to me for around that cost.

Edit: If that's the case Chad (that they might have a problem processing the order) maybe I should call. A shipping cost of between $20 to say $35 for UPS Ground sounds about right to me. $100 most certainly does not.
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:
I was ordering through the web. I live in Canada, which means that shipping is going to be more expensive than in the States, but it should not cost $100 to order two items. As I've said before, I've had swords shipped to me for around that cost.

I agree that is a terribly high cost to ship to Canada. I suggest you ask to speak to Robin Chauduri at the company HQ. He may be able to help you out. And, unless you have a pressing need to get the items within a day or two, I would go with ground shipping with no special handling.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig Peters wrote:

Edit: If that's the case Chad (that they might have a problem processing the order) maybe I should call. A shipping cost of between $20 to say $35 for UPS Ground sounds about right to me. $100 most certainly does not.

I ordered a couple of things from them a while back and the " automated " shipping cost system for foreign orders gave a very high, VERY HIGH shipping cost ! After a few e-mails I was told that these charges were not accurate because of some technical programming issues and that the TRU cost would be adjusted by their shipping manager.

I could be wrong, but if memory serves, it took a few more e-mails to get this sorted out as I think that at some point I was still being charged the LARGE shipping charges: I think I got a credit back ( correction ) a month later on my credit card bill bringing the shipping cost back down to the lower promised amount. I might just have ended up paying the high amount if I hadn't been attentive ???

In any case I prefer the much more reliable service I get from an alternate supplier that has all the same stuff and more.
Well not so much to be negative about ordering from MRL but because the service from Kult of Athena deserves the good reputation for fast and accurate service that I do mention them specifically as a VERY reliable alternative source. Big Grin
http://www.kultofathena.com/

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 21 May, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I received their latest catalog not too long ago. There are a few things that say "$5 addl. s/h" (large swords, etc.). I think their shipping charges are based upon the subtotal of your order; the more you spend, the more it will cost to ship the order. Frankly, I hate that system because that means it can cost more to ship a small item than a large item if the small one is more expensive. For instance, take their French Fighting Knife (item #401790, $85) and their Landsknecht Dagger (item #401914, $115). The dagger is a bit smaller and lighter than the knife, but costs more to ship because it's more expensive - what a wash! WTF?!
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > MRL Shipping
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic