Windlass Reliks Specials
FYI, Reliks has a limited number of Arbedo and Towton swords back in stock. Don't know if they are recent production or warehouse leftovers, but they'll likely go fast!
MRL is also offering these via their website.
I always liked the Arbedo sword, and the XVIII from the Met is one of my all time favorites. Has anyone ever reviewed the MRL version?
I dropped by Reliks yesterday and picked up one of the Arbedos.

One complaint people have had about this model in the past (myself included) is that the thin blade is flexible to the point of being floppy. However, for some reason the one I bought yesterday has a much stiffer blade that those that I've handled in the past. For example when held out horizontally, it only shows a very slight bend. Back home I spent an hour doing one-hand arming sword drills and found no tendancy toward 'whippyness'.

Apparently, the whole batch was like this. According to Chris at Reliks, this was a new batch made in an abortive move to re-introduce both product lines, but then Windlass/MRL changed their mind and decided not to go ahead with it.

Either this was just a lucky batch or they deliberately did something different with these units - thicker metal or different temper. However the balance still seems fine for a sword of this weight and proportions.

Needless to say, I'm really happy that I waited for this particular arbedo and got it before they were gone. I think they have 1 or 2 left, so if you have ever thought of going for an Arbedo, this is the time.

- JDC

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: