The first day of pool noodle cutting...(updated)
...of 2007 for me. Bright and sunny, about 70 degrees after an extended period of bleak and dreary weather. What better to do than cut a few pool noodles into nood-lets!

Attachment: 84.94 KB
DSC00475 (600 x 450).jpg

Last edited by Joe Fults on Sat 21 Apr, 2007 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
"look at the bones!"

I agree, what a wonderful way to spend a sunny day :) I have a small army of milk jugs that will be attacking my back yard this afternoon. I suspect the carnage will be appalling.
Looks like fun. I'm hoping to be able to do some of that later today myself. :)
Ah, springtime. The sun, flowers, etc., and a man's thoughts turn to ... pool noodle carnage! :lol:
You don't hav neither wife nor daughters, true ...?
Bruno Giordan wrote:
You don't hav neither wife nor daughters, true ...?

False! :D

I do have a wife...who did wonder what I thought I was doing making a mess in her yard.

Last edited by Joe Fults on Sat 21 Apr, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Another day nice day...
...and this time my son (left) and his friend (right) try to look tough after felling a second legion of pool noodles.

I've never let my son do this with any of his friends before. Somewhat to my suprise they both handled themselves safely and well. It was fun for me to watch, its not something kids normally do and they enjoyed themselves to an extreme. I'm sure stories almost worthy of mead halls will be told in the school cafeteria and locker room on Monday.

Attachment: 74.5 KB
DSC00476 (600 x 450).jpg

The we're tough, look what we did expressions are almost too much! :cool:

Last edited by Joe Fults on Sat 21 Apr, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allen Andrews wrote:
"look at the bones!"

I agree, what a wonderful way to spend a sunny day :) I have a small army of milk jugs that will be attacking my back yard this afternoon. I suspect the carnage will be appalling.

Milk jugs can be such vermin!
Chad Arnow wrote:
Looks like fun. I'm hoping to be able to do some of that later today myself. :)

Did ya?
Joe Fults wrote:

Did ya?

Nope. The day got away from me. Mowed the lawn, practiced, spent too much time on this site, grilled out...

Maybe tomorrow....
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Did ya?

Nope. The day got away from me. Mowed the lawn, practiced, spent too much time on this site, grilled out...

Maybe tomorrow....

For my part its been worth the few minutes I've invested in it so far!

I highly recommend reserving a couple minutes for yourself tomorrow.
Joe Fults wrote:

For my part its been worth the few minutes I've invested in it so far!

I highly recommend reserving a couple minutes for yourself tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to flailing at foam... :) I forget to mention I also went to the grocery store, did a photoshoot of my newest acquisition, etc., etc.

There is definitely some uppity foam noodles in my garage that need taming, though.
I finally got to do some cutting yesterday. It felt good; I had a good time. I cut with my Sempach, Sovereign, and my new dirk. Fun all around and some pretty good cuts. I also took my mace and bashed an old network hub with it. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:
I also took my mace and bashed an old network hub with it. :)

A truly noble pursuit. Network hubs and printers - technological banes of mankind.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: