Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > ****A&A Highlight Item for April**** Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: ****A&A Highlight Item for April****         Reply with quote

Arms & Armor Highlight item for April

This month we are highlighting one of our more popular swords, the #034 Black Prince long sword. There are few styles of sword that embody the knightly combat of the 15th century like this strongly tapering hand and a half fighting weapon. The original sword we replcate was a truly great experience to handle and we strive to make that experience live in each replica of this sword we make.[/b]
Hugh Knight

Reading list: 34 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I own this sword and it's one of my most prized possessions. When I'm demonstrating longsword teechniques I will typically hand this sword to someone by the pommel with the sword hanging toward the ground and ask them to feel the weight of the sword (which isn't huge, but is noticeable when held that way). Then I have them take the weapon in guard and, when I see the surprised expression on their face, ask "OK, where'd the weight go?" For people accustomed to poor replicas or to images of heavy, clumsy swords as portrayed in the media, it's a great eye-opener.

I still haven't found a little relic to go in the empty spot on the other side of the pommel, however.

Regards,
Hugh
www.schlachtschule.org

Last edited by Hugh Knight on Fri 20 Apr, 2007 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was hoping the Black Prince would come around one of these months...now, if I can only sell my Thegn you will hear from me!

Kenton
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If I didn't have this one I'd be calling Craig right now. This is a nice sword folks, get them while they are hot.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 19 Apr, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
If I didn't have this one I'd be calling Craig right now. This is a nice sword folks, get them while they are hot.

Same here. Wink Laughing Out Loud Great sword in both senses of the word ( fairly large, fairly heavy and unfairly light handling Laughing Out Loud )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As a person who owns a Black Prince, although mine has a custom blade at a fair additional cost, to which my Black Prince is twice as thick in the distal 2/3rds of the blade and tapers a bit more narrow. I have handled the standard Black Prince on a number of occasions and this is definitely not a sword to pass up!
In fact I just got my Black Prince several weeks ago and WOW do I Love it Exclamation

My opinion? Grab this one bigtime Exclamation

Bob
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it better myself, Bob! Wink I am also a proud owner of this fine piece, displayed right next to "King Edward" (gotta have father & son together Cool ).

I've had mine for 3 years now and it's overall balance and ease of handling never cease to amaze me. It's grip isn't quite big enough for both of my rather-large hands, so I always grasp the pommel with my guide hand. It's actually quite comfortable to hold it this way. Wielding it one-handed isn't hard to do either. Do check out the review of the Black Prince done by Chad Arnow and Yours Truly. Excellent choice for a highlight item, Craig! Hmmm, now about that English longsword as a possible highlight item.... Razz

Wow, Hugh, I didn't think to put a relic on the bare side of the pommel! That would be a nice touch; maybe a coin or something. Good call! Idea

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 26 Apr, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I would love to have a Black Prince, but my situation just doesn't allow it right now. Sad
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > ****A&A Highlight Item for April****
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic