Kovex - Ars
Greetings All.
I have been looking for an affordable yet durable starter European style long sword (Hand and a Half). I was originally looking at the Hanwei swords (the price is right) but I discovered an armory in czecaslovakia called Kovex - Ars. There prices are amazingly affordable and the swords 'look' well made and solid. unfortunetly being half a world a way, I have no way of knowing the quality of their blades. Is anyone familiar with Kovex - Ars? And if so how do they fare?

Thanks!
Have you seen this thread over at swordforum?
http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?t=45884
Hope it helps,
Dan
Thanks Dan!
have you tried "http://www.fabri-armorum.cz/angl_uvod.htm" best sturdiest blunts for sparring i ever used....

our hole group are using these exclusivly...

and kovex-ars is making beautiful helmets, not made for kings but for the soldier on the field...:-)

Andreas Auer
in general our whole reenactment group uses kovex blade for battles on the field,krondjak however is used a lot too
so i would recommend both
Hello and welcome to the forums, Nathaniel.

I have seen and briefly handled a sword forged by Kovex. It appeared to be durable ( the owner has been using it regularly for three years now an there's little wear to the blade and no rattling ) and the handling was pretty good, too.
I do not like the overall look/ aesthetics of the Kovex-Ars-swords, but that's simply a matter of personal taste. If you like it, I don't think it's a bad first buy.

Just out of curiosity: What will you use your first sword for? Historical fencing, battle type activities, display, reenactment or all of the above?

Regards

Micha

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: