Teutonic Knights
Hello Guys.

Happy Easter to all.

I was wondering, How an XVI century Teutonic knight would look like? What kind of armour those guys used and the cloth garments of their lancers? How their banners and cloacks used to be? What type of weaponry did they used?
I´m particulary interested in Heavy cavalry, so if anyone has any info about teutonic knights lancers i would be very grateful.

Thanks.

P.D.
How did early XVI century Hospitaller knights at Rodas look like?
By the 16th century, the Teutonic knights were in their last stages. They had been in decline since Grunewald in 1410, also known as Tannenberg.

I know of nothing to indicate that either the Teutonic Knights or the Knights of St John had any specialized armour or weapons. Everything I am aware of indicates that the armour and weapons which were used would have been those current among men-at-arms of the time. The main distinction I can think of is that the Knights of St.John had limited use for cavalry, since they lived on a smallish island and were primarily a naval force; so they may not have had many warhorses and lancers.

Banners and cloaks were probably unique, but I cannot help you with those subjects.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: