Kontny The Archaeology of War book
Noticed elsewhere a new open access work which may be of interest

Bartosz Kontny :The Archaeology of War ;
Studies on Weapons of Barbarian Europe in the Roman and Migration Period

https://www.brepols.net/products/IS-9782503607375-1

Good archaeological detail. Focussed on the north of Europe (Scandinavia, Baltic, Poland).
Thanks for sharing!
Hey, thanks for sharing this. I'm always looking for new books about swords. And it always hurts to drop all that money on one only to be disappointed. I love that it's free. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but from the few pages I have read so far its off to a promising start. I'll probably end up buying a hard copy of this one. How did you come across this? I have plenty of books on Anglosaxon and Scandinavian swords from the migration period and have been looking for something on slavic or Baltic swords from that period. I'm sure they are very closely related, but surely there are some differences right? But my search for books to help with this has not gone well. I was about to give up when you posted this. What luck for me! Thanks again.
Can't take credit for finding this. It was flagged on another forum and I thought it would be of interest here. Glad you've found it useful.
Nice. Kontny has a number of articles up on Academia.edu and I've always found his work to be worth reading.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: