Hello from a Tyro, Does anyone know about Starfire?
Wow, what a fantastic group to stumble onto! Has any one had any experience with Starfire weapons? I own a couple, and a m contemplating spending a lot of ducats on a two-hander. Any feedback?
Thanks,
Koz
If your going to get the longsword lenght blade with the two handed grip the weight is manegable but if your going after the full size two handed sword you've got your work cut out for you . It's a heavy 'un.
Starfire traits:

- Looks like a fantasy sword
- Handles like a club
- Empties your wallet
- Withstands abuse like a crowbar, until the tang breaks...
- Hyped like nothing else

They are good for the showy hack-n-slash types of sword demo people who bang their swords together for dramatic entertainment. Especially if they have acess to a welder to fix 'em.
Hi Mark, and welcome.

Starfires are really made for the Renfaire smash and bash crowd. They aren't constructed like "real" swords, nor do they handle like the genuine article.

Please check out our reviews section for some information on far superior offerings.

If you're on a tight budget a sword from Museum Replicas Ltd., Hanwei (CASI), or Del Tin would be a much better choice than a Starfire.

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Tue 27 Jul, 2004 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
To second and third the aforementioned observations, yes, they break, usually when you least expect it, and I've witnessed two occasions where the last six inches were what flew off, at high speeds, into a crowd.

They serve one purpose, to hit other Starfire blades and make sparks. It is tool steel ground to an edge, nothing more. Do it yourself and save a few hundred bucks... :)
I have seen several of these pieces at a Ren fair ( i think) and i have to say i wasn't very impressed with them. The grips look far too thick, larger if not as wide as the blade.
I broke a Starfire with my DelTin during a Highschool football game. We were doing the halftime show, crowd loved it, but we had to improvize the rest of the fight :eek:
:eek: Yikes! Thanks for all the advice and comments. Unfortunately, it's too late. My wife sent our Credit Card number already and I don't think I can cancel it. Oh, well. Maybe next year...
Thanks again for all the advice...
Koz
(Mark Kosmicki)
I know it's too late for Koz, but this really says it all:

CLY-48: Claymore with 48-inch blade
Price: $400.00
DIMENSIONS
Blade Width 2.75-inch
Blade Length 48-inch
Overall Length 68-inch
Quillon Length 11-inch
Weight 13lb

13 POUNDS? WTF?!!!

I have said my peace... :)
How big a boat is that intended to anchor?
That sounds about right . Almost herniated a disc trying to pick one of those up of thier counter at King Richards Faire in Mass . about five years ago .
All that MASS of metal and EASY to break : DESIGN GENIUS.........(Sarcasm!)

I hope you can cancel that order or they have a good return policy. ( I really sympathyse as I have made some bad purchases myself in the past. Don't feel too bad I think we can all remember purchases that we regret.)
It should only require you to contact your CC company and have them stop payment, as well as contacting Starfire and cancelling the order.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: