Go to page 1, 2  Next

My Redeemer is here!
My Redeemer arrived today! It has exceeded my expectations. My hat's off to both Gus and Christian for a job well done. I ordered it in a dark brown/mahogany and it turned out great! My preliminary impression is that it is a very well balanced and responsive sword--it feels alive in the hand. It should be a strong and efficient cutter. The scabbard and belt are impressive as well. Christian even sent a certificate confirming it is 4/25. Here's the pic Christian sent of the finished product. I'll try to get more pics this weekend.

Attachment: 123.27 KB
HPIM0405.jpg

Congrats, Steve! That's a very nice looking sword and scabbard! Ilook forward to more pics and your impressions on the blade.

Regards,
Re: My Redeemer is here!
Steve Maly wrote:
My Redeemer arrived today! It has exceeded my expectations. My hat's off to both Gus and Christian for a job well done. I ordered it in a dark brown/mahogany and it turned out great! My preliminary impression is that it is a very well balanced and responsive sword--it feels alive in the hand. It should be a strong and efficient cutter. The scabbard and belt are impressive as well. Christian even sent a certificate confirming it is 4/25. Here's the pic Christian sent of the finished product. I'll try to get more pics this weekend.

Congrats on the sword man. Too bad these sold out before I got a chance to pawn off some stuff (or sell a kidney on the black market. I wanted a Boromir inspired blade so much i was forced to go to John Lundemo to get one made. And now we're working out a Rohan inspired blade too.
That is a beauty, Steve. Ofcourse, you'll get tired of it soon, I'm sure ... when that happens you can send it to me for safekeeping... ;) I would, seriously, have loved to have got one of these. But, money was an issue. Congrats on the sword. :)
Aaron Justice wrote:
Congrats on the sword man. Too bad these sold out before I got a chance to pawn off some stuff (or sell a kidney on the black market. I wanted a Boromir inspired blade so much i was forced to go to John Lundemo to get one made. And now we're working out a Rohan inspired blade too.

So, what kind of sword you have in mind for the Rohirric inspired piece? Those swords are among my favorites of movie swords... I designed a sword several years ago for Theoden that had 2 horses on the crossguard. They didn't curve down, though, as in the films. It was along with a viking pommel style. I discarded it figuring that I'd probably get laughed at for the horse motifs (for some reason I figured many would think it silly). Wish I'd gone with it now, so I could claim to have been breaking that ground before the films came out. (I in fact have a 2 handed version sitting in my sword design folder, horse heads and all. Looks pretty nice, too. Just another thing I can't afford to have made... sigh...)
Scott Byler wrote:
So, what kind of sword you have in mind for the Rohirric inspired piece? Those swords are among my favorites of movie swords... I designed a sword several years ago for Theoden that had 2 horses on the crossguard. They didn't curve down, though, as in the films. It was along with a viking pommel style. I discarded it figuring that I'd probably get laughed at for the horse motifs (for some reason I figured many would think it silly). Wish I'd gone with it now, so I could claim to have been breaking that ground before the films came out. (I in fact have a 2 handed version sitting in my sword design folder, horse heads and all. Looks pretty nice, too. Just another thing I can't afford to have made... sigh...)

This was started at the other forum.

http://forums.swordforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29728
ConGrat Steve,
Great Looking Sword
We will expect a timely and detailed review in short order!! :D
I got mine last night, I'm soooo happy!!! :D :D :D :D
I'll post some pictures of mine as well this weekend.
Robert Zamoida wrote:
I got mine last night, I'm soooo happy!!! :D :D :D :D
I'll post some pictures of mine as well this weekend.

Robert what number was yours? 6 of 25? Just curious, I have a friend who has 19 of 25 and we are both watching to see who has theirs so far to kind of track it.
Gary Venable wrote:

Robert what number was yours? 6 of 25? Just curious, I have a friend who has 19 of 25 and we are both watching to see who has theirs so far to kind of track it.

Yes it is :)
Congratulations, Steve !

A very nice looking piece you got there ! , Mac
Here's some more pics. I tried some cutting on milk jugs. I got 6 good cuts before the loss of hydrostatic tension (or my loss of good form) ended the round on the first jug. It is a nice visual cue for cutting as the fuller ends right at the COP. As you can see in the pics, the fittings aren't fully blued, but this must the the "antiqued" option that Christian is now offering. Very nice indeed. It just makes the furniture "pop". Enjoy...

Attachment: 101.27 KB
DSC00196a.jpg
Close-up of hilt

Attachment: 101.13 KB
DSC00194a.jpg
Redeemer in Scabbard

Attachment: 95.67 KB
DSC00197a.jpg
Redeemer in its full glory!
Beautiful Sword Steve
That is one impressive sword and we see more and more of Christian's talent. I am absolutely in love with that scabbard :D It is amazing what can be done with wood and leather.
That really does look great. I want to especially thank you for sharing the photos with us.
Only a month or two before I get mine. Looking at your sword I'm glad I went with Mahogany.
Beautiful!
Mine will be #18; I'm also glad I went with the mahogany. Looking forward to handling a :D real sword.
I was thrilled to get my Redeemer yesterday- a beautiful piece, light and agile. This is an education for me, to handle a real sword- it confirms what I've been reading on this site for the past 6 months. Thanks to all who contribute to the education of us neophytes.
IMHO this one is the most impressive sword by CF to date. The detailing in the scabbard is particularly impressive.

Congratulations on a fine sword, and thanks for sharing.
I really liked Boromirs sword, wery "manly" :D

This seems like a wery good version, pleasing lines - god work AT and CF!

(To bad i could not aquire one for myself..)
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: