Variant seax
Please accept my apologies, I seem to be unable to track down the topic in the forums but I recall a member asking a question about a 'variant seax' , this reproduction appears to be the same and can be found on www.dietraumschmiede.de. unfortunately I can not read German but from what I can understand it is modelled on the original in the Sammlung des Landesmuseeum in Stuttgart....i think! Hope this helps the member who was trying to recall where he had seen it.

Attachment: 41.6 KB
saxneu.jpg
?Variant seax
Seax Variant
Hi David...........heres a link to the same page but "translated" .....at least into pidgeon English, but its more or less readable and, as always, sometimes amusing. ...... http://translate.google.com/translate?sourcei...2Ede%2E%2F
.........I cant remember how I got the tool onto my Explorer menu, but I think its part of the Google search bar. All I do is right click a web page and hit "Translate into English" and its all done in a couple of seconds. Perhaps some forum member with more PC - Web skills can confirm that its a Google-Bar function ? It certinally is very handy with historical research and will do Russian and other pages just as easilly ! I have gained a lot of knowlege about obscure items this way and I hartillt recommend it to everyone here at the Forum ( plus its free ! )
Cheers
Thanks for the tip Merv, a good tool to have and as you said it does make for some amusing reading! The guy does have some nice looking spathas on his site.
While surfing I came across another German site that does a nice range of Celtic/ Romano/Germanic shield repo's but I guess that should be in an other thread/forum?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: