Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

1 more week for entries. There have actually been very few entries this time though some surprising suggestions have been made. I'll list a few here and you guys can let me know what you think.

"The Castile" - hmm I have heard this one before somewhere
"The Hedemark" Also sounds familiar
"The Kriegschwert" Now this is getting silly
"The Malatesta" Dude! Really?
Finally "The Bristol"

Okay, so I know that there has to be a lot of people who are not familiar with our company but I would have imagined that anyone taking the time to suggest a name might at least take a look at our lineup to see how we have named our other swords before.
Just sayin'

Sonny
Sonny Suttles wrote:
Okay, so I know that there has to be a lot of people who are not familiar with our company but I would have imagined that anyone taking the time to suggest a name might at least take a look at our lineup to see how we have named our other swords before.
Just sayin'

Just call it the "Valiant" and be done with it!
Sonny Suttles wrote:
1 more week for entries. There have actually been very few entries this time though some surprising suggestions have been made. I'll list a few here and you guys can let me know what you think.

"The Castile" - hmm I have heard this one before somewhere
"The Hedemark" Also sounds familiar
"The Kriegschwert" Now this is getting silly
"The Malatesta" Dude! Really?
Finally "The Bristol"

Just sayin'

Sonny

So...what's wrong with those names? :lol:
*Sheepish look*

Ok, I'll admit, I was the one or one of the ones who submitted "The Castile." :lol: I DID look at your line-up, just not very closely it seems.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Sonny Suttles wrote:
Just sayin'

Just call it the "Valiant" and be done with it!

Or call it the " SUTTLES ", not very subtle hihihihi :p ( Oh, that was " mature " of me :blush: : Couldn't resist. :D :cool: )
Okay I had to check my sent emails to be sure, but I didn't offer any of those. Whew.
Hey Mike, I'll let you come over to my house to see it when it gets here okay, just no touching without my permission. :D :p
Benjamin Rial wrote:
Okay I had to check my sent emails to be sure, but I didn't offer any of those. Whew.
Hey Mike, I'll let you come over to my house to see it when it gets here okay, just no touching without my permission. :D :p

I'll only come over if you'll let me leave with that English longsword you make. That should be the next contest prize. :D
Whew, mine was none of those....lol.

Sonny, great looking sword. Looking forward to seeing it hanging on my belt in a week or so...thanks for the contest and the brilliant swords!
So what was the final winning name?
I'll let you know on Thursday. We like to be in contact with the winner first :)

Sonny
Oh geez, the suspense...
Come on Irish luck, kick in...
or Scottish luck...

English luck...??

Welsh luck...????

German luck.......??????

I think I've got a little Dutch in there too....

I just love winning stuff, not that it happens all that often. And I am a 100%, dyed in the wool, genuine sword nut.
Sonny Suttles wrote:
I'll let you know on Thursday. We like to be in contact with the winner first :)

Sonny

Funny, I haven't received an email yet............ :p :lol:
The Savoy ;-)

Sonny
Oh well, congratulations to the winner.

Last edited by Mike Capanelli on Thu 06 Oct, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Savoy -- that's a good name. I don't recall any other sword by any maker being called by that moniker. Congratulations to the guy that entered it.
Well congrats to the winner! :D

They must be the best man (or woman) cause it wasn't me.
I would have said "The Garter" taken from the Order of the Garter
Just started reading Perez-Reverte's Alatriste and up pops 'Malatesta'. Hmmm

I'm calling this sword 'you know you want it'. Beautiful!
Ben Sweet wrote:
I would have said "The Garter" taken from the Order of the Garter

That was one of my ideas too.. :)
suspense . . . it's making me itch!

i haven't checked my e mail in months and all of a sudden i'm looking at it nearly everyday now
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: