Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

I'm not good at naming western swords, not as familiar with the history surrounding them.

If Albion ever had a Japanese sword naming contest though, I'd win =)
Jeremiah Swanger wrote:
You know, Brian, I'm willing to bet that Craig and crew at A&A can whip up a SoSM-V without the engravings.

Besides, I think the question of whether or not Albion will make this sword has already come up before, and the answer then was "no." There really is no point in doing so when A&A makes such a darned good one already! And for a very fair price, too...
I have a Del Tin 2133, St. Maurice-Vienna w/o the engravings. It's one of my faves. I would love to have gotten the A&A version but didn't have enough $$. Del Tin's version is a very fine, less expensive alternative.
Roger Hooper wrote:
On a different note, the winners of the latest naming contest ( for the 2 German Bastards, the Danish 2-hander, and the Irish bastard) should be announced soon. How many of you participated? I came up with around 4 entries.

I put in a couple.

Probably the same suggestions as at least 67 other people though.
I can't even remember what names I entered this time. Shows how memorable they were... :p
One - for the Irish Bastard Sword.
I wonder how many Gallowglasses they got for the Irish bastard?
Edward Hitchens wrote:
I was just on Albion's website. Pricing info is now up. Most (perhaps all) Albion NextGenerations are now Limited Edition items being made in 100-, 500-, or 1000-piece specimens. I'm seriously considering asking Mike to put me down for a Poitiers. While it wouldn't be my first purchase from Albion, it would be my first NextGen sword. I've never seen or held a NextGeneration sword, though I will at Chad's next month.

The Poitiers is based on a sword I've admired for years. I know you guys have seen it; the Type XV in the Wallace Collection (Records of the Medieval Sword, Type XV.7, page 133). Arms&Armor makes a very nice version of it; I can't wait to see what Albion's version will look like. -Ted

I noticed that the Clontarf, Vinland, and Gotland are now in the "100" category. If that includes the swords they've sold to date, I don't think we would have much to worry about, seeing as how they haven't yet sold a hundred of these, despite being on the market for something like a year and a half now...

I'm actually pretty glad that Albion has decided to do this, for several reasons.

1) Now, finally, those of us who cannot afford a custom sword can still buy something that will appreciate in value.

2) It leaves room for more varieties of blade and hilt patterns.

3) We can still deluge Albion with our petty little requests, despite the fact that there are over 50 swords in the current lineup!
Quote:
On a different note, the winners of the latest naming contest ( for the 2 German Bastards, the Danish 2-hander, and the Irish bastard) should be announced soon. How many of you participated? I came up with around 4 entries.

I went a bit nuts with this and submitted 6 or 7 entries each for the German Bastard 1, German Bastard 2 and Irish Bastard. I never got around to the Danish 2-hander. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Roger Hooper wrote:
I wonder how many Gallowglasses they got for the Irish bastard?

:eek:

Joking!
Mark Mattimore wrote:
Quote:

I went a bit nuts with this and submitted 6 or 7 entries each for the German Bastard 1, German Bastard 2 and Irish Bastard. I never got around to the Danish 2-hander. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Slacker. :D
I came up with one or two for each one. Hopefully I'll do at least as well as last time :). May the best men/women win!

Cheers,
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Hey, one of those Talhoffers are mine so you'd better get your order in soon :lol:

As far as the Svante, well that's just a dream I have :(

You're not planning a small invasion or something are you? Stockpiling arms like that. :D
I was just looking through the New NGs when it struck me that a lot of the new models are quite a bit cheaper then the first batch of NGs. :D I'm not Jerry Sienfeld, but I still like to make obvious observations.

Ben
Joachim Nilsson wrote:
You're not planning a small invasion or something are you? Stockpiling arms like that. :D

You know what they say "variety is the spice of life" :p
Benjamin McCracken wrote:
I was just looking through the New NGs when it struck me that a lot of the new models are quite a bit cheaper then the first batch of NGs. :D I'm not Jerry Sienfeld, but I still like to make obvious observations.

Ben

I was drooling :p - I mean looking at those earlier, and came to the same happy realization. Now, I just need to figure out where I am going to put them all... :eek:

I love blondes, Guiness, and longswords. Not always in that order. :cool:
Gary Grzybek wrote:

You know what they say "variety is the spice of life" :p

"Truer words hath ne'er been spoken." :D
I have to say, it's been one hell of a ride so far.

So many good models and so few dollars to spend.

I recently changed my Sheriff order to the Thegn because I just kept coming back to that piece!
For me it will be the Poitiers and the Fiore...of course, I have to wait for both :(
Thomas Jason wrote:
I have to say, it's been one hell of a ride so far.

So many good models and so few dollars to spend.

I recently changed my Sheriff order to the Thegn because I just kept coming back to that piece!

Wow, that's an odd change although I really like the Thegn too. Hopefully we'll see that at the Round Table ;)
I know its odd, but I just kept myself coming back to the thegn, and each time I did, I seemed less and less interested in the sheriff.

Both are however in the same rough class: Single handed swords designed primarily for slashing.

Now if I had jumped to the Kriegsmesser...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Page 9 of 11

Jump to: