Beautiful Ravens
I just saw these recent Raven Armoury pieces and wanted to share. The falchion is stunning, but that type xviii demonstrates why Raven is the gold standard for antiqued replicas.Their website is http://www.raven-armoury.co.uk .

Attachment: 105.17 KB
falchion.jpg

Attachment: 34.6 KB
xviii 2.jpg

Attachment: 66.29 KB
xviiihilt.jpg

Beautiful swords Sean, thanks for posting them. Did you get to handle these in person?

I particularly like that falchion, beautiful grinding on the blade. A falchion is one of those designs that I've been meaning to add to my collection.
Yep, these are beautiful swords. I was looking around the Raven site around the time they went up a month or 2 or 3 back (I lose track of time sometimes, so all I can say is it has been a little while... lol ). Was going to post about them myself, then, but got busy doing other things and didn't do it. Very impressive stuff... Wish I were rich and immortal so I could afford the things and stand the wait time for a custom order... Not that I don't have an order now with someone going over the 2 year mark plus some, so maybe I could stand to wait that long... heh, heh...
No, unfortunately I've seen these only online. I notice that their showroom is open to the public, so perhaps a group field trip to Thaxted is in order!
Sean Flynt wrote:
No, unfortunately I've seen these only online. I notice that their showroom is open to the public, so perhaps a group field trip to Thaxted is in order!

Well, you are in Birmingham... Oh... wait.... :wtf:

:cool:
And I actually live north of the city, near Newcastle! There's a rich and curious blend of British and Creek place names around here.... We don't have a Thaxted. And England probably doesn't have a Hog Wallow Holler, either, though you never know.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: