Templar and Gadjhalt pics
The "Templar"Arrived Yesterday as did the "Gadjhalt" (that I won!) No suprises GREAT swords. Review to follow.

Attachment: 79.23 KB
100_0248web.jpg

Attachment: 64.63 KB
100_0249web.jpg

Attachment: 41.62 KB
100_0247web.jpg

Attachment: 79.94 KB
100_0252web.jpg

Attachment: 82.45 KB
100_0253web.jpg

Dude...get those swords off of the ground...you know better than that! ;)
Eric McHugh wrote:
Thats my living room floor! The wife's been on a Business trip. :lol:
James King wrote:
Eric McHugh wrote:
Thats my living room floor! The wife's been on a Business trip. :lol:

LOL :lol:

Nice swords!
How does the Templar handle in comparison to the Gaddhjalt? I have a Gaddhjalt too, and have a Knight coming soon, so I plan to compare those two as well.

Brian M
So.........you're the lucky sot that won the sword.........congrats :D At least I got to handle it a bit in Atlanta.....

(I'm gonna have to have a long talk with Mike S.) :\

William
aka Bill
William Goodwin wrote:
So.........you're the lucky sot that won the sword.........congrats :D At least I got to handle it a bit in Atlanta.....

William
aka Bill

T................................................................A..............................................................L........................................................K :D

Sorry could not resist that one. Nice pics James!!! Glad you like them.
Michael Sigman wrote:
William Goodwin wrote:

William
aka Bill

T................................................................A..............................................................L........................................................K :D

Sorry could not resist that one.

Mike,
yea, yea,yea.....toy with a grown man's broken heart will you, eh............?

William
aka Bill
William Goodwin wrote:

William
aka Bill

Congrats on the new swords, James! I was wondering who won the Gadjhalt as well. Hey Bill, what say we have a little "chat "with Mike together.... :D

James
Chat

Seriously though... It was fantastic meeting all of you guys at the Blade Show. James won the Gaddhjalt, Vay won Second prize with $100 gift certificate and a guy by the name of Ray won 3rd prize with $75. I am really looking forward to next year.
comparing Xa blades
thanks Guys. The "Templar" is a large single hander, the blade has little profile taper,but the deep fuller keeps the blade light.By comparison the other Xa bladed Next Gen's ,the Gadjhalt and the Norman , have tapering blades.Handling ,while similar, is different in all three swords.I feel that the Gadjhalt is the most nimble of the group,(it is probably my favorite sword) which to me was a surprise, considering the length of the Blade . As I have said before the Gadj. must be SEEN to be appreciated.To use a realy bad sports analogy,the Gadjhalt would be a realy fast outside linebacker, and the Templar would be a Defensive tackle.All of these swords were designed to be heavy cutters, but I believe that the Templar would bite a little deeper.This makes perfect sense,considering the blade geometry of the different swords.The Templar is a slightly later design (@100 years or so?)than the other two Xa's, probably a response to a more frequent use of padded mail.Let me be clear.... the Templar is a Light sword.Also the grip on the Templar is short with a swell in the grip(in profile) which is extremely comfortable.

Attachment: 28.65 KB
100_0256.JPG
compare blades....

Attachment: 51.91 KB
tempnormweb.jpg
Templar on left Norman on right..

Attachment: 45.53 KB
100_0254.JPG

Great looking swords you have there James. The early medieval period is my favorite, so these swords really suite my taste. Very lucky indeed to win that Gajhadlt. I was very impressed when I handled the prototype.

Enjoy!
Hi James. Nice swords, all. The light brown wrap on the Gadjhalt really makes that sword for me; it just adds something
special to that blade. I haven't been an overly big fan of wheel pommels, but Albion's new NG line is making a
believer out of me. The pommel on the Templar is outstanding.

Swing them in good health, sir. BTW, I hope you get that living room cleaned up before your wife gets home :p

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: