Antiques & Collectibles
Our Reference Library:
The Paper Armoury:
Our Top Shelf
Scotland the Brave
Zen in the Martial Arts
Other editions available: Paperback, Mass Market Paperback, Paperback, Paperback, Mass Market Paperback, Paperback, Mass Market Paperback
Other items of interest:
• Living the Martial Way : A Manual for the Way a Modern Warrior Should Think
• Karate-Do: My Way of Life
• The Zen Way to Martial Arts: A Japanese Master Reveals the Secrets of the Samurai (Compass)
• Be Like Water: Practical Wisdom from the Martial Arts
• The Karate Dojo: Traditions and Tales of a Martial Art
"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action."--Samurai Maximum.
Under the guidance of such celebrated masters as Ed Parker and the immortal Bruce Lee, Joe Hyams vividly recounts his more than 25 years of experience in the martial arts. In his illuminating story, Hyams reveals to you how the daily application of Zen principles not only developed his physical expertise but gave him the mental discipline to control his personal problems-self-image, work pressure, competition. Indeed, mastering the spiritual goals in martial arts can dramatically alter the quality of your life-enriching your relationships with people, as well as helping you make use of all your abilities.
From the Paperback edition.
Recording label: Bantam Books
Manufacturer: Bantam Books
Publication date: 1990-06